“Lunch”

Price range: US$0 - US$428
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Nestled amidst beautiful gardens in the rural Cotswolds countryside, Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons is a gourmet hotel in Oxfordshire. Located in the picturesque village of Great Milton, this luxury hotel combines breathtaking surroundings with gastronomic excellence. The quaint streets of Oxford city centre are a 20-minute drive, whilst London Heathrow Airport is 60km away. Home to Raymond Blanc's Cookery School, one of Britain's finest culinary academies, this enchanting hotel offers French-inspired cuisine at the 2 Michelin-starred restaurant. Using only the best seasonal produce, freshly picked from the hotel's extensive vegetable and herb gardens, guests are invited to embark on an unforgettable gastronomic adventure.
Reviewed 28 August 2014

This is only my second review I've given. I've been going to the Manoir for a number of years now, for me it's very special. Having taken my then partner on our first date. To proposing to her in the Japanese tea garden earlier this year. So for me there was only one place to have our reception. It was a small gathering of 23 friends and family in the private dining room. None of our guests had been before, so didn't know what to expect. On our arrival we were led in to the new conservatory to have drinks before our lunch, to a person the WOW factor was mentioned. The staff couldn't do enough for us but not in an overpowering fashion, we had a set four course lunch which was stunning with coffee and petit fours. To me it was money well spent, we will never forget our day there, and nor will our guests. I cannot praise the Manoir staff enough for what they did for us.

1  Thank Michael B
LeManoirAdmin, General Manager at Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Dear Michael B

How lovely to read that Le Manoir holds such a special place in your hearts and that you were able to share your reception here with your family and friends!

We do hope that you will visit many more times in the future.

and the team at Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons

Write a ReviewReviews (2,075)

Reviewed 27 August 2014

Eaten here twice now and it impressed both times, both summer and winter.

Yes its pricey but it should be the setting and food is second to none. In fact the food is more art than food. We had the Decouvert menu so lots of small courses. We were very full by the end of if but in a pleasant way not the cheap carvery way :)

Staff are knowledgable and when you make it clear to them you are comfortable in this setting and not pretending to be more than you are and are excited by the food the service gets better and better. Just because you're willing to fork out a few quid for dinner does not make you a Lord.

I would eat here more often if I only passed more frequently.

Andi O

Your review is very much appreciated.

You need to find an excuse to pass by more frequently!

Reviewed 26 August 2014

Delightful gardens. Made to feel special. Luxury oozes everywhere.
Food was rather bland and failed to meet our very high expectations.

1  Thank Martinside

Dear Martinside

Thank you for leaving this feedback. It is a shame that the food did not meet your expectations and that you found it to be so bland.

We do hope that this visit will not deter you from returning in the future.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

Apparently some people eat a 7 course tasting menu, but haven't had enough food afterwards! What are you going to do, stop off at McDonalds on the way home. Someone else whinges they can't watch tv in the bath. Another decides to take a 6 year old with them, then wonders why a 7 course tasting menu takes so long, compared to the kids menu. Seriously there are people with more money than sense. I've been a couple of times, a few years apart, and the standard of service, food, and everything was impeccable. As it should be. It looks like a company has bought Le Manoir since that first visit, and I must admit that once i noticed this on the menu, I was worried. This normally means bean counters, and compromise. There may well be bean counters, I didn't notice the compromise. We went recently, the day after our wedding. The narrative, how they take you through the journey of the day, was superlative, just as last time. You know, they make you feel special. Sure, you're paying for that privilege, but thats probably why its got those two michelin stars. The 7 course tasting menu was amazing. Unlike the other poster, I was stuffed at the end of it, probably eaten enough for a week. Stand outs? Cod, brandade, octopus, with coffee beans. Shouldn't work, did. The pork three ways, I don't know how you actually cook pork to that standard, and I like to think i can cook.The staff, the canapés, the wine, the being shown to and from your tables from other living rooms, its all excellent. What is there not to like? I know everything is subjective, I also know Le Manoir runs this like a formula, because the formula works. This is what you get, and frankly its one of the best shows in town. I hope the management team focus on the good reviews and not just the bad ones, because, so long as you don't compromise on anything, this day out, adventure, etc is brilliant.

1  Thank Lee W

Lee W

Thank you for leaving this feedback.

We were delighted to read that you had so much enjoyed your time with us. Please rest assured that Le Manoir will never let bean counters be their main influence.

We do hope you will visit us for another adventure in the future.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

It was my wife and a friends wife's birthday lunch. Staff are very friendly and accomodating. Although it is a top restaurant it is pretty down to earth and not too poncy. The waiter was good to have a banter with. Food was excellent. They make a point of asking when booking if there are any dietary requirements/constraints which all good restuarants should do. Although not a cheap meal it was worth it and a wonderful place to go for a special occasion. Sat down after drinks at 1.45 and didnt get up until 5.00. They were not fussed and we enjoyed the experience. This is not the first time I have eaten there and will definitly go back.

Dear Gary J

Your review is very much appreciated and we do hope that you will return for more celebrations, or just for a lovely treat, in the future.