“Service couldn’t be better, beautiful setting”

Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons Restaurant
Price range: US$0 - US$428
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Nestled amidst beautiful gardens in the rural Cotswolds countryside, Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons is a gourmet hotel in Oxfordshire. Located in the picturesque village of Great Milton, this luxury hotel combines breathtaking surroundings with gastronomic excellence. The quaint streets of Oxford city centre are a 20-minute drive, whilst London Heathrow Airport is 60km away. Home to Raymond Blanc's Cookery School, one of Britain's finest culinary academies, this enchanting hotel offers French-inspired cuisine at the 2 Michelin-starred restaurant. Using only the best seasonal produce, freshly picked from the hotel's extensive vegetable and herb gardens, guests are invited to embark on an unforgettable gastronomic adventure.
Reviewed 29 August 2019

So very delighted at our day at Le Manoir enjoying the cookery school, lunch and all Le Manoir has to offer, for a special birthday. Staff are so well trained, so knowledgeable and keen to help. Nothing was too much trouble. Thank you all so much.

Date of visit: August 2019
Write a reviewReviews (2,594)

Reviewed 27 August 2019 via mobile

Our weekend at Le Manoir was wonderful with both the accommodation and cookery school brilliant (see separate reviews).

Possibly the least ‘satisfying’ part was our dinner. Everything was close to being perfect: the friendliness and attentiveness of the staff, the quality and presentation of the food as well as the attention to detail. Hence the highest rating.

However, while the overall experience was excellent, we both did miss the ‘wow’ factor we found in other top establishments. The food was superb but not very innovative (I shouldn’t compare restaurants with Moma) and the interior not extremely luxurious or warm. Note: the exterior of Le Manoir is just lovely (with the beautiful gardens and perfect lawns for a game of croquet or petanque).

1  Thank 588jurgenr
Reviewed 26 August 2019

My wife and I have long wanted a weekend at Le Manoir and finally we have managed it. We stayed in 'Hollyhock' in the main house which is a beautiful suite, The tasting menu was lovely, and the house and gardens were stunning.
Cost is a little eye-watering because they really do know how to charge, but we were expecting that, such a reputation comes at a cost.
My only slight gripe was some of the costs did seem excessive, £10 for coffee and £25 for a sandwich at lunchtime didnt seem great value, dinner is expensive however with the quality, imagination and dedication involved i have no quarms with that, If you want fine dining at its best you have to expect this.
Staying here is a memory that we will keep forever. All of the staff are very attentive and the service is excellent.

Date of visit: June 2019
2  Thank PhilipStew
Reviewed 26 August 2019

My partner and I have been fortunate to have lunch at Le Manoir on a number of occasions and the reason we return each year is that the experience is superlative in every sense. This is a truly special place where the food is outstanding, the service immaculate and a walk in the lovely gardens provides a fantastic end to your visit. We always try to come in the summer, to give us the best chance of being able to explore the extensive ornamental and kitchen gardens.

We visited on one Sunday recently and enjoyed the six course “les saveurs du Manoir” menu. My partner has certain dietary preferences (things he doesn’t like rather than can’t eat) - we had notified these when booking and he was well taken care of by small changes to the menu. Our six courses consisted of chilled gazpacho, confit of Cornish cod, garden vegetable and herb risotto, poached Cotswold chicken, Le Manoir’s take on Peach Melba and raspberry and beetroot chocolate crumble. We both chose (for an additional charge) to substitute the peach dessert for choices from the a la carte menu. I had the famous le cafe creme - having seen it prepared by a contestant on Masterchef I’d been really longing to try it, and my partner had his favourite apricot and meringue combo in an edible cassoulet dish. In addition to this six course menu, the canapés and petit fours were exquisite and the range of bread offered is huge: the bacon rolls and mini baguettes are our favourites. Everything is clearly made with incredible attention to detail.

Drinks-wise, I started with a Bellini, followed by a glass of Welsh Chardonnay (I had no idea there were vineyards in Wales) and a French rose. My partner had an Icelandic white ale. There is no hard-sell from the sommelier - order what you like.

There is a specific table we like to request and we were again fortunate to be shown to it. All of the staff we met were courteous, gracious and friendly. What I particularly like about Le Manoir is the way all guests are welcomed and made to feel comfortable, whether they visit regularly or are there for the first time. The atmosphere is relaxed and inclusive. Towards the end of our visit, we had a lovely conversation with one of the waiters about the lengths Raymond Blanc has gone to in sourcing his tea and coffee (the best coffee I’ve ever tasted).

Sure, Le Manoir is a very expensive treat for most of us, but in my view, is worth every penny. It’s not just a very nice lunch, it’s a memorable event. With the quality of the cooking and the service, you can see where your money is spent. I cannot speak too highly of Le Manoir - we’ll be back - and hopefully for an overnight stay next time.

Reviewed 26 August 2019 via mobile

Visited to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. 5 stars are simply not enough for the restaurant - the food was exquisite, beautifully prepared with very interesting flavour combinations; the wine flight accompanying the 7 course set menu was delicious ; the service was flawless, attentive but not intimidating and nothing was too much trouble to explain. The price is well justified bearing in mind the superb quality and attention to detail throughout. It certainly is well worth a visit and have no doubt, it will be an experience you will never forget!