“Tasty lunch”

Price range: US$7 - US$25
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Went for lunch today (Bank Holiday Monday) with family and 96 year old father-in-law. Between us we ordered a wide range of food from a ploughman's lunch to roast beef with all the trimmings. The food was uniformly delicious and the portions were also a good size. They have Brakspears beer on draught.
Recommended

2  Thank K31thw

Reviewed 20 May 2013 via mobile

Amazingly homely feel when you walk in very rustic, perfect for a leisurely dining experience without being hastled all the time... and the food is amazing, you can tell it's all done fresh the steak was brilliant and the chips were beautifully thick and crispy, just the way I like them. The service was so friendly and helpful, would and are recommending to my friends. Please go and visit really worth it.

1  Thank pixelbof
Reviewed 11 May 2013

A sort of the essence of a local, village pub for me - and believe me I have seen a lot of them. kind, social people, interested in who you are and dedicated to introduce you to local attractions that they find are interesting for you (red kite history and other birds in my case). Can advice on good ale. The British pub lunch food will remain the British pub food whatever you do but no bad feelings after the hamburgers or sausages that they serve. Kingston Blount, Aston Rowant and Crowell make a great example of rural Britain and The Cherry Tree matches the climate. Quite a busy road to Chinnor is the only disadvantage nearby..

1  Thank Pawel411
Reviewed 11 May 2013

I'm not too happy to write poor reviews, but sometimes despite looking for something positive to say about a restaurant I am at a loss.

We arrived on a balmy spring evening at 7.30. The bar and restaurant were completely empty. Not a good sign. A board out in the porch was advertising various drinks but didn't know how to spell "champagne". Rather surprising I would say!

We ordered supper. It arrived quickly and at a guess I would say that it was NOT home cooked. Dull, unappetising and rather "grey"! No fresh vegetables or garnish to brighten it up or to make it appealing.

Nothing to add but to say we would not go back.

kate h, Proprietor at The Cherry Tree, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2013

I'm sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your evening at the cherry tree. At the moment still being relatively new in the pub (was closed for 6 months before us/phone no changed ect) along with these other factors sometimes the pub can be quite quiet, and others times very busy- this can be the nature of the trade, along with the country still in recession.
Spelling mistakes occur it was a mishap these things happen! I would also like to assure that all of our food is sourced locally and is also homemade & freshly cooked to order! Again I'm sorry you felt that your food was bland- some of our dishes you need to order a side vegetable/ salad to go with the meal for example the sausage & mash, sorry if this was not made clear.

Reviewed 8 April 2013 via mobile

everytime we visit Ross and Kate they bend over backwards to make sure we couldn't ask for more. the team are lovely, the food is fab and I am a personal fan of the wine list.

so nice to have a real family run local back in the village.

1  Thank Laura_louise_sweeney