“Superb”
Review of Agivey Lodge

Agivey Lodge
Ranked #2 of 2 Aghadowey B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I can't compliment this B&B enough. The property itself is built to a superb high standard with everything about it being quality. The guests even have their own lounge area complete with large flat screen TV, fridge and balcony overlooking the river juust outside. Add to that the friendliness and accomodating hosts and I can't even think of a hotel in Northern Ireland that I would rather stay in and I did experience quite a few on my recent business trip. In fact, if you were thinking of a holiday over there, this would make the perfect relaxing and homely base.

Room Tip: I think there is just one double room and one twin. I had the double, but are both are of the same e...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Linfo2

Reviewed 23 July 2013

myself and a work collegue stayed at the agivey lodge a last minute booking with work 19th -21st july ,what a fantastic stay carol the owner is the friendlest person on this planet we didnt need for nothing the house is supurb the breakfasts to die for we wished we were staying longer .......good news is we will be returning soon iain & dan

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank iain d
Reviewed 3 June 2013

We found Agivey Lodge by chance we were looking for somewhere to stay in Derry but as it was Radio 1's Big weekend everywhere was already booked up. I am so glad we found this place as it was probably the best B&B I have stayed at in the U.K. We stayed there for 3 nights over may bank holiday weekend.
The rooms were fantastic and had everything you would need inc. a hairdryer which I had forgot so that was lucky. As another viewer has already put they have spared no expense at decorating the rooms. The shower was brilliant too.
They had a lounge area upstairs too with a large television, dvds and tea and coffee facilities. The herbal teas and hot chocolates were a bonus too.
The breakfast we had 3 mornings, while we were there, were amazing the friendly owner made us whatever we liked and we were stuffed every morning and didn't eat again until the evening.
Everywhere was within driving distance, Giants Causeway being about 12 miles away and the City of Derry was a 50 minute drive.
All in all a fantastic B&B, not a bad word i can say!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NatalieBrown10
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Me and my father went over to watch the NW200 road racing and really hit pot luck booking this. The standard of the accommodation and breakfast was fantastic and we particularly liked the lounge area where you could relax, watch TV and have a drink. The owner could not be more helpful and friendly along with all the locals we met. If you like to go out in the evening don't let the location put you off as the taxi prices are very reasonable. If I ever go back this area of the world I would not hesitate in booking the same place again - Very good value

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Adam L
Reviewed 6 May 2013 via mobile

Great modern rooms and house, great shower, excellent beds and loved the TV. Good breakfast and nice country setting. Service was great. Would be good to have visitor information handy with key attractions, local pubs and suggestions.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Kjmjs
Reviewed 21 April 2013

My wife and i visited here on the 19th to 21st april 2013 and it was a fantastic stay. Firstly the location is close to all the Antrim coast area has to offer and it is also only 40 mins drive to Londonderry.we stayed in the double room which was furnished to a very high standard. the en-suite is beautiful.The views from this room of the close by river are just beautiful to look at. The owner "Carol" was very welcoming , making us feel right at home. Her hospitality shows northern irish charm at its best. Then there is the cooked breakfast.O.M.G. amazing as you wont need to eat the rest of the day. Everything about Agivey lodge is first class and comes highly recommended.Cant wait to return,

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NEWTOWNARDSDAVE
Reviewed 4 January 2013

My wife and I stayed at Agivey Lodge before Christmas and as regular visitors to the area we could not believe that we had not been before. Carol, the owner soon put our mind at rest as they have ony been open since summer 2012.

Everything is top, top quality and new, with no expense spared to the quality of the furnishings. We cannot tell you how good Agivey Lodge is. Quiet, peaceful, welcoming with excellent food and superb views over a good salmon river which is a bonus for me as a fisherman, shame is was closed season!!

What are you reading this for, book up to avoid disapointment, this will be a very popular place to stay in 2013 and beyond!!

Room Tip: All rooms are good!!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Globetrotter180460
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aghadowey
Lodge Hotel
#11 of 19 in Coleraine
Crowfield Country House
Crowfield Country House
#1 of 2 in Aghadowey

Been to Agivey Lodge? Share your experiences!