What a wonderful relaxing hideaway Steve and Jackie have created. We truly loved everything from Lucy, by the fire; to our foodie chats with Steve. Unfortunately my other half fell ill during our stay (nothing to do with the house) and we had to cancel dinner plans elsewhere last minute - not a problem for the house, especially on a busy Sat night - everyone was so accommodating making our stay more comfortable.
We stayed in room 7 which was very spacious with a large bed and
The only negative points that I picked up on during my stay:
1. I hate to agree with other reviews, however paper napkins are a little less exclusive and uncomplimintary to the chef.
2. Dimmer lights in the social rooms would assist in creating a relaxed atomsphere, specifically during dinner.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Burpham Country House offers tranquil country house accommodation and group dining, set in the heart of the South Downs near Arundel, West Sussex. We specialize in exclusive use letting of the whole house, with or without dining, for celebrations and groups. We can cater for up to 20 resident guests, and up to 36 dining. We also sell individual rooms for Goodwood Events, and for weekends throughout July. We have nine en-suite rooms, most with downland views, five doubles, 4 double/twins, ranging from standard rooms to four-poster and luxury super-kings. We have a lovely guest lounge and gardens and we are fully licensed. We offer free parking and Wi-fi. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Burpham Country House Hotel Burpham
- Burpham Country House West Sussex