“Friendly welcome”

Dining options: Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Friendly welcome”
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

Myself and my finance had a wonderful Sunday lunch here! The food was tasty and delicious and the staff were very friendly. Lovely experience to end our weekend in arundel

Visited October 2013

west sussex
“First class dining”
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Great location, personal friendly service and the most amazing food. Wonderfully peaceful and off the beaten track. We felt welcome from the moment we stepped in. Very personal service without being intrusive. The food was cooked to perfection which made it the ideal venue for our wedding anniversary. Highly recommended. We will be visiting again and I urge you to give it a try.

• Visited September 2013
East Sussex
“Excellent food”
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Loved everything, the food was really tasty and well presented. We will definately return next year when we meet for our annual get together.

Visited August 2013
London, England, United Kingdom
“Beautiful home-away-from-home”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I have always found Burpham Country House an amazing place to stay. We first found it a few years ago and try to back at least once a year ever since. The building is lovely, warm and inviting, just like the host and hostess. The bar is always well supplied and run on the honour system, so you can get nicely squiffy in a comfy chair in peace and quiet, without anybody looking over your shoulder, before you sit down to a wonderful meal, cooked by the host Steve, who is also good for a chin wag about anything and everything later in the evening. The garden is also a very nice place to spend a few hours on a sunny afternoon.
It's a short drive down a very quiet road to Burpham itself and it feels like you have been transported to another universe when you arrive; nestled comfortably in a small valley, surrounded by the bucolic national park of the South Downs is simply out of this world.

• Visited September 2012
Worthing, West Sussex
“A Glorious Lunch - Very Special Indeed.”
Reviewed 17 August 2013

I love this place. The owners are so kind and warm but I want to focus this time on the food. I wish I had written this straight away, but it has now been a couple of weeks since I was there and the details will escape me! My wife and I popped over from Worthing for lunch (our anniversary - we got married in Burpham). I enjoyed a G and T in the guest lounge - think the wife ordered a glass of wine with her meal as she was driving (hurrah!). Miriam ordered the mezze as her main course and I ordered the plaice. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was so good. I cannot fully explain how good it was here - just take my word for it. It was a real winner! Perfectly cooked fillets of plaice with a glorious "stuffing" of crab and coriander - it was such a glorious dish and I loved eating it - a wonderful moment. It was so carefully prepared and beautifully presented and I encourage everyone who loves food (and fish) to give this a go. Get there asap - I hope it remains on the menu. Steve will cook what is seasonal and what is currently on offer through his local providers - I think his fish comes from Littlehampton.

I seem to remember us ordering three desserts - a panna cotta flavoured with something from their kitchen garden - Lemon Verbena. This was superb and the Lemon Verbena was subtle yet present - a perfect balance. We also ordered a selection of local icecreams and finished with an affogato - giving us that lovely coffee kick at the end of the meal.

The warm-hearted and wonderfully skilled owner and chef, Steve, came and chatted with us - I celebrated that glorious fish with him - what a master! - and we talked about life in general...and the teaching profession ( my wife and I are currently in it).

To be honest, I can't summarise here how lovely our lunch was. It was fabulous. The food was exceptionally good - especially that fish. If you want to treat yourself and enjoy a meal that rewards you for treating yourselves (so often we are disappointed and think - could have done better at home) - get over to the Burpham Country House. It delivers every time. I love it! Steve and Jackie deserve the highest praise not just for their warm welcome but for food that very special indeed.

• Visited August 2013