“Probably nice”

Dining options: Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Probably nice”
Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

We booked this restaurant by phone a week before, confirming that we had a veggie and a 'dairy free' person in our party. When we arrived the restaurant was closed even though they had our booking in their book. Disappointing. They were apologetic and booked us in to a gastro pub up the road and arranged a free bottle of wine but it's not good enough really.

snappergirl, Owner at Burpham Country House, responded to this review, 12 January 2014
Yes, we're really terribly sorry. We thought we'd cancelled all our guests when the road to Burpham became flooded, but simply missed you, mea culpa. It is no excuse that it's the first time in 7 years, it was the only time for you, and we let you down. It's a big learning point for us, and we'll hopefully never do it again.

West Sussex, United Kingdom
“Lovely timeless and charming”
Reviewed 22 December 2013

This was a super meal. A limited menu, but the starter and main were absolutely first class. The lovely relaxed surroundings were just so calm and so unlike the establishments that pass themselves off as eating places these days.

We chose our food in the lounge and then went into the dining area. The owner was charming and her husband was the chef who came into the lounge after the meal to chat about food and other things. What a passionate man for food and his knowledge was impressive.

The actual meal was great and I found the starter and main totally sufficient. My starter was olives and, I found this out later, home cooked bread, it was lovely. Then a spinach and cheese affair, although not a vegetarian I was glad to have this option as it was utterly delicious. My wife, two friends and myself had a super sociable evening in a most charming establishment.

Very highly recommended!

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank casperdog777
West Chiltington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sunday lunch”
Reviewed 17 December 2013

We took my mother for a Sunday lunch which was great. The service and food were great and I would recommend it to anyone who would like a family atmosphere

Visited March 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Friendly welcome”
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

Myself and my finance had a wonderful Sunday lunch here! The food was tasty and delicious and the staff were very friendly. Lovely experience to end our weekend in arundel

Visited October 2013
west sussex
“First class dining”
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Great location, personal friendly service and the most amazing food. Wonderfully peaceful and off the beaten track. We felt welcome from the moment we stepped in. Very personal service without being intrusive. The food was cooked to perfection which made it the ideal venue for our wedding anniversary. Highly recommended. We will be visiting again and I urge you to give it a try.

• Visited September 2013