“A Lovely, Quirky Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Angmering
Woking, United Kingdom
“A Lovely, Quirky Hotel”
Reviewed 27 November 2012

I recently visited this hotel as part of a party of 8. We all enjoyed our stay tremendously. It felt very warm, cosy and welcoming when we walked in and we had the bonus of some tasteful Christmas decorations throughout the ground floor. The reception staff were very friendly and were always willing to help if we needed anything. three of our four bedrooms were excellent (superior) but the standard one had a poor quality bed- apparently the springs could be felt!. The matress was considerably smaller than the frame and resulted in both occupants bruising their shins by walking into it. The swimming pool was very warm and we made good use of it. My main complaint was about the service (or lack of it) at breakfast. There really were not enough staff to adequaltely look after the guests. We had to ask several times for pretty much everything as they were not replaced once they had run out. However, our overall impression of the stay was very positive and we would go back.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 November 2012

A very warm, quaint and cosy hotel, currenlty tastefully decorated for Christmas.

Parking in front of the hotel was easy, the staff very welcoming.

They do an excellent "early bird" restaurant menu - £14.95 for 2 courses if you order before 7pm and the food was superb.

Swimming pool lovely and warm - if you want to use the sauna check if it is on before you go for your dip, if not it does warm up quickly.

Free wifi - however it is very frustrating as it drops out frequently even when your bedroom is next to the booster box.

Oddities: clearly they chose light fittings with too many bulbs in them as they can't keep up with replacing them, or have simply given up trying!

Big Big plus - I was daft enough to leave my iPad charger in my bedroom and they phoned me to let me know and kept it safe until a collegue collected it for me.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra and get a suite.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
middlesex UK
Reviewed 14 November 2012

I have never written a review before, and do feel that some people moan over the slightest things, however, following an lovely one night stay last year, my husband and I booked another one night stay for my birthday this year. We could not get the same room as before but was assured that the room was equally as good as it was the same price. It was not as good. It was much, much smaller. Also the standard of house keeping was very poor. Bits and pieces were missing from the bathroom, loo roll holder (broken piece on top of cistern), only one glass. On departure we noticed that here was a large stain on the sheet, (washed in) and a small area of fresh blood on the underside of the pillow. It could not have been from my husband (his side of the bed) as he has a medical condition which means he bleeds quite badly when cut. The hot water was only luke warm that evening of our stay and in the morning, there wasn't any hot water at all. These things happen, but there was no apology or guidance from the staff. We were left to roam down to the single shower by the swimming pool to shower before breakfast, by which time we were running a little late to get to the breakfast room in time. There were staff sitting round chatting and eating in the corridor between reception and the swimming poor area. When we left, and paid, we were not asked if we had had a nice stay. I feel the hotel has been of a high standard in the past, but for whatever reason feel that they don't have to continue work at it. Our one night stay cost £156, which included the evening meal, which I have to stat was superb. I wrote upon our return home raising a few points, but have had to chase for replies. I have been offered, by the operations manager, an unspecified discount should I wish to book another stay. My money is too hard earned to splash out on another visit. I did not feel that it was a particularly enjoyable stay. The operations manger did point out that the rooms are boutique and would all be different. That I don't disagree with, but they should have different tariffs.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rupemiddlesexUK
Lewes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 November 2012 via mobile

This is the second time i have stayed at Angmering Manor. The hotel has a cosy feel helped by the wood panelled reception hall which greets you on arrival. Our room overlooked the back garden and was very quiet apart from it being a blustery night which caused the ageing windows to whistle like a haunted house! The room was decorated with distressed white wood furniture which some people might find a little twee. The room was cold when we arrived as the radiators were off. This was rectified by someone after we mentioned it a reception. However, the bathroom remained cold.
The staff were welcoming and although we did not stay for breakfast on this occasion, I know they serve freshly cooked delights.
A good place to stay if exploring this part of West Sussex.

Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2012

Me and my husband spent the night of our wedding at this hotel, and we were blown away. Every room was different and stunning, clean and inviting. The room we had stayed in was lovely, everything you would need was in the spacious room.
We also had a lovely meal there the next evening and that was possibly the best meal I have ever had, everything was very well presented and the combinations were great. The next morning we had a lovely breakfast and lots of variety.
i would also like to say that "Jackie" was very helpful and friendly, she had a wide knowledge of the food and seemed to be running around on her own, but was very attentive to each guest.
The only negative for this hotel, was when we were there the sauna wasn't working, and when we said to the member of staff they tried to come and fix it, but it just wouldn't work, so they went and phoned the engineer.
But overall the hotel was great and i would definatly recommend others to stay as well as dine there.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Ely, Cambridgeshire, UK
Reviewed 11 October 2012

We spent one night here while travelling on business. I had asked to on the ground floor, as and we were given a lovely spacious room with wn excellent view of the garden. All the staff were very pleasant and helpful and dinner absolutely lovely. The bed was one of the comfiest I have slept in. Angmering is a great place for a country walk - this may also have added to the excellent night's sleep! There was a problem - in the morning there was not hot water on our side of the hotel. Staff were very apologetic and quickly offered us the use of a shower in another room. Problem can always happen and the important thing ishow they are dealt with - in this case very smoothly and efficiently. We would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Carshalton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 September 2012

We are a family of four and attended my sister's wedding. The whole place is beautiful, inside and out. The staff are lovely, friendly and very hard working. The food is out of this world. The beef we had was quite possibly the best we had ever tasted. Rooms are a very good size and nicely decorated. The beds are very comfy!. I would highly recommend this place as a venue for a wedding or any other occasion.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank KarenGary2000
Also consider these accommodations in or near Angmering
Travelodge Littlehampton Rustington
#1 of 2 in Lower Beeding
The Swan Hotel
The Swan Hotel
#1 of 7 in Arundel

Been to Angmering Manor? Share your experiences!