Mercure Warwickshire Walton Hall Hotel and Spa
TripAdvisor
2,921 results
All reviewsmain hallafternoon teacoach houseleisure centrepremium roomconservatory barmodern hotelstately homelovely groundssteam roomevening mealleisure clubsecret escapeswet roomset menuthree course mealself service
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Hotel venue stunning.......staff rubbish, not trained properly made our stay not a very good one if staff get better then certainly would recommend. However rooms are pricey for what you actually get.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Carmel C
Graeme N, General Manager at Mercure Warwickshire Walton Hall Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us. I was disappointed to read you felt the team did not deliver the service levels expected. It would be good to understand which elements these were.

Please feel free to contact me at Walton on 01789 842424 should you wish to discuss where you felt the shortfalls were.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Walton Hall is located a short distance south of Wellesbourne in Warwickshire between the A429 and B4455. It has a couple of single track roads leading up to its magnificent frontage set among delightful grounds. One entrance road is off the B4455 (Fosse Way) and the other entrance road is off the B4086 (Kineton Road).

Now a Puma hotel, Walton Hall has lots of history and ideally situated for exploring a number of towns such as Warwick, Leamington Spa, Stratford-upon-Avon and Banbury. If you wish to venture further afield, then you can drive to Oxford, Coventry and Birmingham to name but three cities.

Walton Hall stands in its own splendid grounds which offer residents a great opportunity to go on walks without even leaving its boundaries.

We stayed at Walton Hall, because my daughter had her wedding reception there. Members of staff were great in terms of ensuring that everything went to plan and provided everything we had asked for.

Apart from some super bedrooms within Walton Hall itself, there are a number of other, very close, buildings providing further bedrooms at a reduced price from those in the main Hall.

About 50 metres from the tree-lined main entrance there is a charming little chapel which can be used for the wedding ceremony itself.

Breakfast is buffet style and served in the main Hall regardless of which building residents stayed in overnight. As you might expect, hot and cold food is of a high standard and empty dishes are quickly replenished.

Our bedroom in the main Hall had a very comfortable double bed, a 3-door wardrobe, chest of drawers, flat-screen TV, air conditioning, tea & coffee making facilities, hair dryer... The en-suite bathroom had a bath with overhead shower, heated towel rail and modern sanitary ware. Having said all that, what really pleased us was how spacious our bedroom was. Also, our bedroom being on the first floor, we had excellent views of the grounds, including its big lake.

All in all, a very good experience on what turned out to be a magnificent day.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay at Walton Hall & Hotel. I was delighted to read you enjoyed your daughters wedding reception with us and that you had a magnificent stay.

Wed look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

My husband and I have just had returned from a 2 day stay at this hotel. It is part of the Puma chain that is advertised on the Buy a Gift as a luxury gourmet stay. I chose Walton Hotel because it is near Stratford, thinking it would be an ideal location to visit places around Warwick, an area we have not really explored.
On booking it was suggested we stay in the coach house and I took up the offer of sparkling wine & chocolates to be in the room on arrival, as this trip coincided with my birthday. On arrival we were given room 323, which is in the main building, so I was slightly confused, seeing as the coach house had been suggested.
The room was not as expected. Rooms on the 4th floor have a small triangular window as they form a small apex window in the roof, hence they are poorly lite. No wine or chocolates. Not happy I went to question why we had this room, when on the booking sheet it said room 640 which is the coach house, and why there was no wine etc. The receptionist said she would change the room and we were given rm 646, in the coach house. It did say in the booking information that wine etc had been requested, so I was told it would by sent.
So we removed everything from 323 and drove round to the coach house. Can't say the it gave the impression of a luxury room. Basic and had a fusty smell. The coffee table in the room was shabby and stained. The compliments tray was poor. Ten minutes after arrival a bottle of wine arrived... No chocolates!
The package included a three course dinner on the first evening, then afternoon tea on the second day. We were given two vouchers to take to the bar for the afternoon tea on that second day.
The dinner on the evening was reasonable but nothing that would stand out as being special. A buffet breakfast again was nothing social. All help yourself. If you prefer a cooked breakfast, then there were the usual things to select from. However if you prefer a continental choice then it was poor. Not a selection of bread or meats. Sliced cheese basically all that was on offer. Choice of 4 cereals with yogurt and some fresh & canned fruits.
Waitresses were quick to remove crockery, in some cases before you gave finished eating.
On inspecting the vouchers we saw that it had lunch written on them, when we checked this out at reception, they confirmed that it was afternoon tea that was included and that we return the vouchers and they would provide the correct ones. We in the end chose not to have afternoon tea there.
I can't say that I was at all impressed with our stay... I think that the lack of thought to the original booking made our impression tainted.

1  Thank md_fretwell
Graeme N, General Manager at Mercure Warwickshire Walton Hall Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us. May I offer my sincere apologies for the room confusion and thank you for your constructive feedback and rest assured the points raised will be actioned.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

My wife and I went on an Amazon deal and it was just what we needed. Set in acres of land you could hear a pin drop at night which was wonderful considering some of my recent exploits where I came away from hotels feeling more stressed!

Food was good, service excellent. Only gripe was the cost of the wine (£7.70 per glass or £23 at least for a bottle) which I feel is balmy!

Great stuff though overall if you get a deal and possibly drink off site.

3  Thank Elvis123

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay at Walton Hotel. I was delighted to read you had a wonderful relaxing stay in our peaceful setting and left feeling fully relaxed and refreshed.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Thank you once again.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Stunning venue with lovely grounds. It is a shame that the weather wasn't very nice as we would have liked to have explored the grounds a bit more.

My husband and I stayed last weekend and had a room in the hall. The room was lovely, very clean, a tiny bit worn in places but very good otherwise. The homemade biscuits were a nice touch.

There was a wedding going on here whilst we stayed but we didn't hear any noise off them at all and wnjoyed the firework display that was part of it! I was a little disappointed to find that we had to wait in the morning for a table for breakfast whilst there were plenty of free tables as they were reserved for the wedding party.

Breakfast was a little disappointing. Considering the quality of the hotel, I was dissapointed by the lack of selection.

I really did enjoy my stay, however and will definitely stay here again if in the area.

1  Thank Clare_e_2000

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your stay at Walton Hotel. I was delighted to read you had a lovely stay and your comments on breakfast are very much appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Thank you once again.