Mercure Warwickshire Walton Hall Hotel and Spa
US$92
The Charlecote Pheasant Hotel(Charlecote)(Great Value!)
US$67
US$73
Priceline
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Hallmark Hotel The Welcombe(Stratford-upon-Avon)
US$211
US$135
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
2,921 results
All reviewsmain hallafternoon teacoach houseleisure centrepremium roomconservatory barmodern hotelstately homelovely groundssteam roomevening mealleisure clubsecret escapeswet roomset menuthree course mealself service
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I was really impressed with my stay at Walton Hall on Sunday. The gothic architecture was astounding, especially the entrance hall and the principle staircase. Checking in and out went without a hitch. Make sure it is the Hall you book into and not the Hotel. The staff had no issues about me taking photos, or wandering around the corridors see what changes had been made to the original layout.

The dining room was great - and so was the food, with one young guy going out-of-his-way to recommend dishes and translate the French menu into English. He was spot on, too. It was marvellous food and service. Next morning, breakfast was self-service, but did not disappoint, with piping hot food and staff going out-of-their way to please. It was worth every penny.

I was in room 14, on the first floor of the quadrangle, overlooking the church, Great views. The room was above average for a Puma Hotel and in tip-top condition, apart from noise from creaky floorboards in the room above.

Room Tip: Avoid room 14 unless you are a sound sleeper - the noise directly above is really loud when someone walks across the creaky floorboards.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Stayed for two night on a b & b basis. Very good room, comfortable, well furnished and clean. All staff found to be friendly, helpful and efficient. Very good reception experience. Very good buffet breakfast, good quality and pleasant restaurant.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Mark D, General Manager at Mercure Warwickshire Walton Hall Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear eborwatch
Thank you for the five star review after your recent visit to Walton Hotel.
It is wonderful to hear that your overall stay wonderful from both the reception service to the restaurant and I will be sure to pass on the positive feedback about the employees.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Had a lovely weekend here. The setting is beautiful. The restaurant food in the evening was superb; one of the best meals we've ever had and the evening restaurant staff were also brilliant. Our room was massive and beautiful. We had a picnic by the lake which was idyllic. The hotel is very much geared towards weddings at this time of year but if you aren't in a hurry for anything and want a beautiful place to spend a couple of days then this is a great spot. We will return.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Hi just a quick email to comment on the hotel Walton hall
We were a group of 8 people who spent hundreds of pounds in the bar

The surroundings and buildings in the main hall are second to none with fantastic views but the service and staff especially in the dinning rooms and bar were very very poor.
We had constant excuses and poor service with a look of distain from the staff.
Even when we opened a door for staff who had arm fills of table cloths to go through we didn't even get a thank you or smile.
Now I don't want to paint all the staff with the poor service as Courtney was pleasant efficient and very helpful.
I also was in unimpressed with the gym with mats in the free weight area worn to the point of a tripping hazard and a wire coming away from the wall.
It was also to hot and cramped with to much equipment.
The food in the Resturant in the annex was poor with very small portions and again bad service.
We asked for some olives as an app-itemiser with some bread and the bread arrived with the main course with a poor comment saying well we thought you would want it all together , the olives never arrived and when we pushed for them 2 glasses arrived with jar bought olives that I wouldn't put in a cooked meal they were very very poor quality for a 4 star hotel.
The quality of the meal was basic with a chief who Seemed to push dishes out with little worry about quality. The food was so bad we all decided to eat in Stratford the following evening.

I wouldn't stay at the hotel again unless rave reviews spoke of superb services levels and food.
The reception staff were also good but as this is normally only a short part of the stay and they aren't the reason you book at hotel.
Unfortunately I'll be posting this on trip advisor as the fact the annex isn't really mentioned or photographed was also a bug bear from ourselves and I heard it from other guests to.

Not a happy customer

1  Thank Hotelfoodandwinelove
Mark D, General Manager at Mercure Warwickshire Walton Hall Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Hotelfoodandwinelove
Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent visit to Walton Hall and Hotel.
I have reviewed all of your comments and I would like to assure you that your points have been raised with both my operations manager and the food and beverage management.
We will certainly address your comments and these will be used constructively to retrain and action with the whole team.
I will certainly pass on the positive comments back to Courtney and I am pleased she made a nice impact on your visit.
I however do hope that in the future we are able to welcome you back and restore your faith in Walton Hotel and the team.

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Our confirmed a week earlier dinner reservation wasn't in the book so him indoors was not happy ! The man at the desk was amazing and got us in and said it was one of his best tables . So thank you to him

It went so down hill when we sat down though . Looking back we can't believe the service we didn't get! We had to ask if we could order ...the delay between courses was awful... The first glass of wine ended up in the glass but also some on the cutlery ! The shame of it all was that they clearly have a good chef as the food was really nice ... Suggest the chef moves to a restaurant that does his food justice .

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Martina W
Mark D, General Manager at Mercure Warwickshire Walton Hall Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear EllenWiltshire
Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent visit.
I am sincerely sorry that your evening meal did not meet expectations due to the service received and very disappointing as your thoughts on the food were positive
I would like to assure you that I have spoken with my Restaurant Manager and he will address your feedback with the team to ensure in the future we meet all our guests expectations.
I appreciate the constructive and hope in the future you will again visit Walton Hotel.