Mercure Warwickshire Walton Hall Hotel & Spa
The Charlecote Pheasant Hotel(Charlecote)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$129
US$102
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Macdonald Alveston Manor Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
US$197
US$141
  • Pool
Hampton Lodge(Stratford-upon-Avon)
No availability for your dates from our partners
2,904 results
All reviewsmain hallafternoon teacoach houseleisure centrepremium roomconservatory barmodern hotelstately homelovely groundssteam roomevening mealleisure clubsecret escapeswet roomset menuthree course mealself service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Great day, lovely service in the chapel, photos in the sunshine with the grounds providing great settings. Canapés on the lawn, wonderful wedding breakfast and rounded off with a great evening of entertainment. Good food, good service and good time had by all. We stayed the weekend at the adjacent Walton Hotel, but that's another story.

1  Thank VicNorthampton W
Mark D, General Manager at Mercure Warwickshire Walton Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Vic Northampton W
Thnak you for the five star review after you recent visit to the Wedding at Walton Hall.
It is great to hear the the day went well and was enjoyed by yourself.
We hope to welcome you back in the future.
Regards

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Stayed here for a weekend wedding function. Two different rooms over two nights. This was once a time share resort and the time share apartments have been converted to the new hotel. while the older estate property, Walton Hall , is the typical stately home residence and posh separate hotel.

First thing to say is that, whilst they have made efforts to comply with disabled access laws, this place barely complies legally and is just not disabled friendly at all. The reception, restaurant etc. are in the main block with lift but the lift was not working throughout the weekend and access to the restaurant was via stairs from the reception area or a half hour wheel-chair push to the rear of the hotel through car parks and gardens, breakfast became a real physical challenge for us. The only wheelchair friendly rooms are in the main block, underneath reception, where again the lift did not work , so you exited via a long ramp to the front, had to go the long way around to the rear of the hotel and through the car parks and gardens to get to the restaurant, wow what a treck. But at least the room was comfortable and well equipped, the first night we had an ordinary room in another block, first floor and no lifts and another treck to / from the reception restaurant areas, as the 'disabled access' rooms were all booked up. (they only have a couple!)

We never got to use the leisure facilities as we were too exhausted trying to navigate around the place without lifts / ramps / staff to assist us.

We did spend time in the Walton Hall for the wedding breakfast and then into the function rooms for the evening reception, that all followed the wonderful service in the chapel. That side of things went superbly, great wedding, great food, service and entertainment and a great time had by all family and friends.
We would have liked to have had a break from the festivities by popping back to our room for a rest, wash, change of clothes, but the access issues and distances involved made that impossible.
A lovely location but spread out over several disjointed and ill planned buildings more reminiscent of an ancient maze than of the modern hotel complex that it is supposed to be. I can understand trouble adding lifts and ramps ect. to the old stately home, but a better plan could have been made of the timeshare to hotel conversion that has left the place decidedly lacking. I wish they would consult disabled people when they do these things and get it right from the start. However, this place is very confusing for the able bodied never mind the disabled

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank VicNorthampton W
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Absolutely terrible. My wife and I are currently here for our wedding anniversary and all I can say is stay away. Management staff are rude and very unhelpful.we had a dinner reservation for 8.30. They didn't get us seated until 8.45pm. It took us them two hours to serve a simple 3 course meal. Management staff just don't care how bad the service was. There where no apologies from anyone for the terrible service. Breakfast was even worse. Tables not fully set. No one to even show us to our table.food extremely slow to come out. Coffee served in a milk jug. Food was cold by the time you actually had all your items on your plate. I used to work for Hilton hotels so I know a good service when I see one. We will not be coming back or recommending this hotel to anyone. This is the worst service we have ever had from any hotel. Bed and breakfast stays are better executed than this shocking service from a so called 4* hotel.

1  Thank gandolfi-c
Graeme N, General Manager at Mercure Warwickshire Walton Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

I was truly sorry to read about your disappointing experience and would be delighted to talk through your experience in more depth.

Please call me on 01789 842424

Reviewed 2 August 2014

There were three of us (husband, me and 20-year old daughter) staying at this hotel on New Year's Eve for 3 nights. It was booked through a coach company so there was a group of us and when we arrived there, all the staff came out to unload our luggage/cases from the coach and delivered them to our rooms. We had a surprise when we were handed in our keys as we actually thought we'd get one room with three beds but instead we got one room each which were quite large compared to a standard hotel. I love the high ceiling and the chandelier they have in the dining area. After 30 minutes of arrival, we went to the dining hall to have the afternoon tea - what a treat! Cakes, biscuits and hot drinks served by very pleasant waiting staff. The French waiter did stand out as the most efficient and helpful waiter. The ground is so nice to explore and there is a beautiful chapel full of history.
I love the menu most of all, it's what a hotel should serve - good presentation, very artistic and lovely cooked. I had a steak which basically melted in my mouth. I never had anything like it anywhere - a real class! Well done to the chef in this hotel, it's one I cannot forget easily. But if you are a fish and chips lover without any class, well, this is not a place for you - go to a seaside resort.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Graeme N, General Manager at Mercure Warwickshire Walton Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your stay at Walton Hall over New Year. I was delighted to read you had a fantastic time and I shall of course pass on your kind words to chef about his food quality and Flavien.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Thank you once again.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

This is a beautiful hotel in superb surroundings. Unfortunately the kitchens did not match up nor did the service. I won't say much about the service save that it was no more than functional. No friendliness. We had dinner but nobody indicated that it was nouvelle cuisine and that you really needed to order a side or 2. My wife had a moderately sized piece of fish with 3 radishes,3 cherry tomatoes, 6 small cubes of potato and a sprinkling of cress. Extremely meagre. The following morning at breakfast was an equal disaster. It was a buffet breakfast which are rarely great. My wife asked for porridge which was at best warm and not properly cooked. Then she had fish which was served cold. It was a piece of white fish on a white plate. No garnish. Totally uninteresting. I had food off the buffet. The sausages didn't look properly cooked, they were very pale. Similarly the bacon. The eggs were completely undercooked. They had albumen around the yoke. I saw a second delivery of eggs and they were the same. I couldn't face it and had just toast. As you should I asked to see the Manager and made a complaint. In fairness to him he was extremely apologetic and very generous with my invoice.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank grahamb43
Graeme N, General Manager at Mercure Warwickshire Walton Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us. I was pleased to read you enjoyed the hotel and our grounds but disappointed to learn you had a poor dining experience, please accept my sincere apologies.

Thank you for highlighting how well the team dealt with your feedback and resolved to your satisfaction.