“Valentines Spa Break - lovely but let down by breakfast!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Ardencote

Ardencote
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Claverdon
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Valentines Spa Break - lovely but let down by breakfast!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

We stayed here this weekend for the valentines spa break. Overall was very impressed, we had lunch in our package so started with this in the Brasserie, it was buffet style, food and service were fab. The spa area is nice, the pool was quiet whic was nice and there is also sauna, jacuzzi and steam room. The outdoor hot tub is my fav and there is also a nice room where you can chill out with a cuppa. The meal in the Lodge restaurant on the night was excellent and the service was also very good, The only thing that let down the stay a bit was breakfast, its served only till 9.30 which in my opinion was early for a weekend, we got there at 9.15 and had to wait 15 minutes for a table and then when we were seated no one offered us tea and coffee for ages, in the end had to ask. There were no hot breakfast items left apart form bacon and tomatoes but luckily after about 10 mins these were topped up. There was nothing left from the continental meats and cheeses and also no muffins or pastries so I recommend you get to breakfast early otherwise you might miss out. If we hadn't of had to wait for 15 mins to be seated we might have been ok. However I would still stay at Ardencote again as had a lovely time.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
ardencotemanor, General Manager at Ardencote, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor, we value your feedback as it allows us to develop and grow our business.

I was really pleased to see that you enjoyed your Valentines Break with us, it lovely to read such positive comments. I have noted your comments regarding breakfast and will ensure that this is reviewed with my Management Team.

Azhar Mian

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

visited ardencote manor and on first impression looks stunning, the grounds are lovely and so is the setting hence i think this caters more for wedding partys than anything else, spa not really impressed with there is hardly any room to sit and relax around the pool, always thought a spa day was relaxing but this was full of youngster playing in the pool, wont be returning

Room Tip: the rooms when there are weddings on are no good to sleep in unless you take earplugs
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Colchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

Got a great 1 night deal which included lunch, 3 course evening meal, 1 spa treatment, access to all spa facilities and breakfast the next morning. Took my wife on valentine's weekend and we were both impressed with the service, facilities and food. The pool, steam room, etc did look a bit tired but they were adequate and the massages we had were superb. There is an outside pool and hot tub but it was not the right time of year to use those! We will go back in the summer to use these and enjoy the outside gardens and grounds which looked amazing. The evening meal was to a very high standard and the room was comfortable and clean. My only criticism is the 1030am checkout which has been mentioned by other reviewers.

Room Tip: Look on Spa Breaks for some great deals.
Dear Guest,

I was really pleased to see that you enjoyed your Spa Break with us over the Valentines weekend, it lovely to read such positive comments.

I hope that you visit us again in the future.

Birmingham
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Me and my husband decided to come and try what a spa weekend is all about. We were shown around and shown where to go which was good.
Ive never really been on a spa break before so didnt really know what to expect.

There was a pool,jacuzzi,steam and sauna room which was nice. How ever we kept getting splashed by the young children in the pool when trying to relax. We couldn't go in the outside hottub as it was always full of a group of ten people. They were all togeather.

The room waa pretty basic. To make it a bit more cheerful it would have been nice to have a couple of pictures on the wall and maybe a colourful throw on the bed.

There were alot of cobwebs behind the bathroom door.

I have a nut allergy and none of the food at lunch was labelled so I had to have a jacket potatoe as didn't dare try anything else. Food in the evening was ok.

My massage was lovely. The young lady waa very friendly and she took her time. I was in there alot longer than I should have been. Mu husband how ever said completely different. He said the young girl rushed and he wasnt in there even 20 minits.

Overall it was an ok experience. I wont be rushing to do a spa break again.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Bath, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

Stayed here for a Valentines break and, overall, was very pleased with the hotel itself and the brasserie meal. We bought a spa break on Secret Escapes giving us access to the spa, a 'massage chair' massage, three course meal and breakfast.
The hotel staff were lovely, especially when asked for help with a car problem the next day, and the room itself (along with room service breakfast) was all faultless. Although I would have preferred a later checkout and breakfast time, as I feel 10.30 is much earlier than normal hotel checkouts, especially on a valentines break!
The meal was excellent and the staff were attentive.
The reason I have given 3 stars is completely down to the spa and it's staff.
The 'spa' is really more of a pool and a hot tub; after visiting actual spas such as Bath Thermal Spa, this really doesn't compare and I find it a stretch to even call it a 'spa'.
It also lets itself down by the lack of organisation; when we arrived we were not shown around, and therefore were actually quite confused as to what was actually available to us, and where it was! The building is not layed out like a spa should be and has a 'leisure centre' feel to it.
We had massages booked that turned out to be a glorified chair, and were not told on arrival where we were to go for the massages, and there were no signs we could see.
After not being given or offered robes and slippers we also felt rather underdressed in towels and swimming costumes.Our spa access also lasted until 5.30 but we got so bored we left at 3pm.
Overall, we were very pleased with the stay itself, the room, the food and the hotel staff, and would stay again. However next time we will not be including a spa session of any length, as it is really quite underwhelming and the staff are not helpful enough.

Room Tip: By all means enjoy the hotel and brasserie, but do not expect great things from the 'spa'.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

Lovely hotel would be good in the summer forget any other time! the conservatory to eat to bright and only place opened at lunchtime! They did not even do a prawn sandwich which I was surprised at! Told that if I had prawns in a pot would be a few only! So opted for soup squash which was tasteless and watery! No atmosphere - nice staff. Please be more adventurous with your food and give quality - thanks sadly lacking

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Springtime2
Peterborough, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

Due to attend a Friday morning conference at the Ardencote Manor Conference Centre, I booked in through "Secret Escapes" and secured an extremely good value Winter package, including: Standard Double room; Full English breakfast; Three-course dinner (for two) in the Brasserie restaurant; Complimentary bottle of house bubbly; A 30-minute massage chair or nine holes of golf; Full use of leisure facilities; 10% discount on additional pre-booked spa treatments and free on-site car parking and Wi-Fi internet. The venue was clean & tidy; The staff were friendly and helpful; The room (55) was excellent and very quiet overlooking the 1st & 2nd Hole of the Golf Course - the staff allowed me to check in early and depart late too; The 9-hole Golf Course was short but fun and still a challenge - particularly with Chickens on the 6th Green!!! I wondered if they'd sit on the Golf Ball and try to "hatch" it. The Pool and Spa were both excellent and I booked a wonderful Deep-Tissue Massage from a very professional and engaging young masseuse; The evening meal was frankly amazing, very fine-dining, professionally present in the light & airy conservatory-style environment of the Brasserie - on the way to which I spotted people practicing their Tennis on an outdoor floodlit Court; Breakfast was served in Bed at no extra charge; Conference facilities were good too. My only criticism was that the Mobile Phone Signal and Wifi Speed in Room 55 were both poor, but ok elsewhere.

Room Tip: At checking, request a room with good phone signal and Wifi if you're going on Business. If you...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

I was pleased to read that you had an enjoyable business and leisure break here at the Ardencote Manor Hotel, it was nice to read your comments and I hope that you visit us again in the future.

Azhar Mian
Also consider these accommodations in or near Claverdon
Hallmark Hotel The Welcombe
Hallmark Hotel The Welcombe
#7 of 28 in Stratford-upon-Avon
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,801 reviews
Mercure Brandon Hall Hotel and Spa Warwickshire
Mercure Warwickshire Walton Hall Hotel & Spa
Mercure Warwickshire Walton Hall...
#1 of 1 in Wellesbourne Hastings
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,624 reviews
Wroxall Abbey Hotel & Estate
Chesford Grange - A QHotel
Billesley Manor Hotel
Billesley Manor Hotel
#13 of 28 in Stratford-upon-Avon
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,988 reviews

Been to Ardencote? Share your experiences!