“Great service from the first minute to the last”
Review of Ardencote

Ardencote
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Claverdon
Reviewed 16 March 2014

My husband and I went for a relaxing short break and have to say we had a great experience. From the minute we arrived to the minute we left the customer service we received from all the staff was excellent from the front desk, bar, spa and restaurant. The quality of food was good, the treatments we received were excellent. This was a weekend for both of us and even though we could not check into the room, we were directed to a lounge where we could watch the England Rugby game in comfort. My only feedback would be try and go in the week as the spa was very busy and although good treatments, there is not a chill room to relax afterwards, so felt a little rushed. One thing that would have made the whole trip perfect would have been a good quality tea in the lounge and rooms like Twinings ! A big thank you to the whole team.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Ardencote

Reviewed 12 March 2014

This property sits on beautiful grounds. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to experience any of the amenities - like golf, tennis courts, golf course, gym - besides the restaurant. The check-in was uneventful and smooth. The room was a nice surprise. I got a large room and the bath room was big as well. Very comfortable bed, may be the reason I overslept this morning.

The restaurant served up good meal but be warned the entrées are on the smaller side so it is a good idea to order an appetizer. The breakfast is your normal stuff nothing extraordinary but on the other hand no complaints either.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
ardencotemanor, General Manager at Ardencote, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor, we value your feedback as it allows us to develop and grow our business.

I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and I hope that you visit the Ardencote Manor Hotel again in the future.

Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

I visited with a group of friends for a one night stay overall we had a good time and the spa was great. BUT I have never seen such limited menus for a 4 star hotel and such strange combinations on a menu so much so I could only have one course. The fish I went for was £15 (hake) and yes it was lovely but it was the smallest portion ive ever had (about as much as you would get in a fish finger) and my biggest bug bare is you have to pay extra for veg/sides. This was the brasserie menu and to be honest the portions were no where near value for money you are talking bite size. The Lodge menu was no better and that was £30 per head, I expected so much more. The bed room I stayed was lovely but the bed was very small it definately wasnt a double the headboard was and the bed was at least 2 feet short of that.
The hotel was beautiful as were the surrounding but more variation on the menu needed and the prices need to be reflective of this.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 10 March 2014

For my money, the best value I think I have ever had from a hotel. Attentive and friendly service; clean and well equipped rooms; lovely pool; picturesque grounds. I only ate in the brasserie but thought the menu was thoughtfully constructed and the chicken I had there was cooked as well I have had anywhere? I got a very good deal on a family room but not far off their rack rate as far as I could tell. If I had any criticism it would be on the wi fi. Good enough for basic email and browsing but on my devices I could get nothing more than that. This is a hotel that doesn't try to be something it is not and concentrates on doing the basics as well as possible. The result was a very relaxing and enjoyable stay. Will be happy to return.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

I was really pleased to see that you enjoyed your Family Break with us, it was nicce to read your positive comments and I hope that you will visit the Ardencote Manor Hotel again in the future.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

My husband booked this as a treat for valentines day. We did not use the spa facilities but we had a wonderful relaxing break. The room was lovely - clean, comfortable and had everything we needed. The bed was soooo comfortable. We loved the Brasserie bar, great place to relax, drink, talk, read or play the array of board games on offer. We ate in the hotel on the evening, we did have an issue with one of the meals but the staff were very apologetic and arranged a replacement plus complimentary drinks to apologise. After dinner we found the other bar and spent the rest of the evening relaxing like lord of the manner in a library around a log fire. Absolutely Wonderful

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I was really pleased to see that you enjoyed your Valentines Break with us, it was lovely to read such positive comments and I will ensure that my team are copied in to the review.

I hope that you have an enjoyable time on your next visit to the Ardencote Manor Hotel.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

I went on a spa break for a friends hen do, the facilities were lovely, very relaxing. Lots of nice rooms to relax in and especially enjoyed the outdoor hot tub! The room we stayed in had a nice view of the golf course, and the beds were super comfy. If I had any criticisms, they would be that the food was abit mixed as it was mostly tasty, apart from the chocolate tiramisu with biscotti, which tasted a bit odd and got left! Also the manicures and pedicures seemed a bit hit and miss, with some people in my party getting a nice treatment, and others getting scruffy finishes and polish that came off within hours, possibly because the cuticle oil was not wiped off very well before the Polish was applied.
All in all though, I would go back for another break, and pick a massage this time and a different pudding. It's a nice bolt hole that we all came out of feeling very relaxed, pampered and serene!

Room Tip: Make sure you turn the air on off before you go to bed, it gets a bit noisy if you don't!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
ardencotemanor, General Manager at Ardencote, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Dear Guest,

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your Spa Break with us, it was nice to read through your comments and we hopefully look forward to welcoming you to the Ardencote Manor Hotel again in the future.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

I have just returned from a romantic break with my girlfriend....I feel compelled to comment on my amazing time..The staff within the entire complex could not be more accommodating..We loved the atmosphere, especially the restaurant..food was excellent...I booked my girlfriend a number of spa treatments which she enjoyed tremendously.. she thought the spa staff were amazing which added to her overall experience...she wished it had never ended...ive already booked to go back for my birthday..

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
ardencotemanor, General Manager at Ardencote, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear Guest,

I was really pleased to see that you enjoyed your Spa Break with us, it lovely to read such positive comments and I will ensure that my team are copied in to the review.

Azhar Mian

Also consider these accommodations in or near Claverdon
Hallmark Hotel The Welcombe
Hallmark Hotel The Welcombe
#8 of 28 in Stratford-upon-Avon
Wroxall Abbey Hotel & Estate
Billesley Manor Hotel
Billesley Manor Hotel
#15 of 28 in Stratford-upon-Avon
Mercure Warwickshire Walton Hall Hotel & Spa
Mercure Warwickshire Walton Hall...
#1 of 1 in Wellesbourne Hastings
The Stratford, A QHotel
The Stratford, A QHotel
#6 of 28 in Stratford-upon-Avon
Ettington Park Hotel
Ettington Park Hotel
#1 of 1 in Alderminster

Been to Ardencote? Share your experiences!