Stayed here on Easter weekend 2014 for a weeding we were attending with our 3 year old twins. Nice enough place for a wedding BUT be very careful when booking especially if you are travelling with young children. We booked one of the family rooms in the newer building block. Room OK - Z bed and a sofa bed for the kids. Location of the room NOT OK. A family room directly above the function room holding another wedding that evening. Disco started at 9.00pm and went on booming until 1 am and you could hear every lyric of every song and feel the bass thundering through the floor. I made two complaints to the duty manager and to be fair he did get the music turned down to just above an annoying level. Needless to say we didn't have a good night. The function room in the new building does not have any noise limiters or any attempt to accoutically contain the sound, guess this is down to the DJ. The hotel booking policy was to site wedding guests above or close to the function rooms assuming that they would be partying hard all night and are least likely to complain. We were not told about this when booking and it would have been impossible for us to change rooms. If you plan on taking young children to a family event here be very, very specific on which room you want and stay away from the first floor.
Numerous half baked apologises from the duty managers really doesn't compensate for a terrible nights sleep considering the price we paid.
Breakfast was OK, but nothing special - bread and toaster quality questionable. High chairs were available but be prepared to wait for a while before someone can be bothered to hunt them down. Bar was expensive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ardencote is a four star, privately owned and independent hotel situated in the heart of the Warwickshire countryside. Over the years the Ardencote has evolved froma family home to an award winning hotel offering unrivalled facilities and excellent customer service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Ardencote reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ardencote Manor Hotel And Country Club
- Ardencote Warwickshire/Claverdon