We went for a 3 day stay and left after one night. The staff were pleasant but it was awful. The bed was so tiny (certainly smaller than a double), the shower had no power at all, Wifi didn't work (it states in their room guide no passcode needed - after messing about for 20 mins I rang reception and was told I needed the passcode!) and although they tried to boost the signal - this didn't help. The fine dining restaurant was closed for refurbishment - although the web site doesn't reflect this, so we ate in the Brasserie. You have to walk from the main building (with pool, restaurant, bar and spa) passed the 'smoking rondel' to get to the building where the bedrooms are - really unpleasant. They had run out of fried eggs when I got my breakfast and by the time they brought me a 'fresh egg' I had nearly finished. If we had paid peanuts for staying there we would understand it, but we didn't and I expect more for what we paid. Enough was enough and we checked out. We did complain as we were checking out and we have written a letter too - we are told the duty manager didn't realise we were complaining 'but merely raising the issue'.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ardencote is a four star, privately owned and independent hotel situated in the heart of the Warwickshire countryside. Over the years the Ardencote has evolved froma family home to an award winning hotel offering unrivalled facilities and excellent customer service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Lastminute, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Ardencote reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ardencote Manor Hotel And Country Club
- Ardencote Warwickshire/Claverdon