7 of us booked the afternoon tea package, staying overnight with a facial and spa use.
The hotel is lovely, good sized rooms, we were in the courtyard and it was very quiet. We had complimentary tea pot and bags enough for 2, and bottles of water.
The afternoon tea was plentiful with a good selection of sandwiches, cakes, and more clotted cream that we needed. We had to remind the waiter that it was meant to come with champagne, but once sorted it was great. We had a 3 course dinner booked, every course was perfect. Possibly on the small side for some, but just right for us after afternoon tea. Breakfast is a buffet style and had everything you would expect.
The spa itself is good. I especially like the outdoor 'heated' pool - probably about the same temperature as the indoor one, and the outdoor hottub where you can order drinks.
It was much busier on the saturday than the sunday. But there are enough different areas to be in if one place is too crowded you can move elsewhere. The free flow drinks room is a lounge, there's no music playing in there so you can hear other peoples conversations. The tranquility room again you can hear people walking past the room and even into one of the bedrooms next to it, but despite that it is a nice place to snuggle up under blankets. There are plenty of places to get water. Both pools are a decent size if you want to swim.
It is mixed and there are children there, however they are not allowed in the 'hot things' and were all well behaved.
THe facial was an express 25min, and was just as good as other facials I have had. She managed to get in a head and shoulder massage. She didn't talk to me which is how I prefer things - although I usually expect to be asked if I want to be talked through what they are doing. there was no selling of products after either which was good.
One tip is that the spa do not advertise is that they will tumble dry your gown - it takes 30mins, and is great if you don't like sitting around in wet gowns.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ardencote is a four star, privately owned and independent hotel situated in the heart of the Warwickshire countryside. Over the years the Ardencote has evolved froma family home to an award winning hotel offering unrivalled facilities and excellent customer service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Lastminute, Booking.com, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Ardencote reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ardencote Manor Hotel And Country Club
- Ardencote Warwickshire/Claverdon