“Lovely birthday stay”

and 1 more site!
Ardencote
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Claverdon
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for an overnight birthday treat and made use of the spa facilities. The staff were very friendly and took the time to walk us over (in the spitting rain) to the accommodation which is only a stones throw from the reception in the main building.

The indoor pool was lovely and so were the steam and sauna rooms. We had planned a 9 o'clock dinner in the lodge so found the swim quite relaxing as most people had left to get their dinners.

The food in the lodge was incredibly tasty. Well worth a visit. Our only criticism would be that the main wasn't big enough leaving us a little hungry still when we left. We topped the evening off with a drink (and a packet of crisps) in the bar.

The rooms were pleasant and the bathroom was clean and modern. TV worked fine and the bed was comfy.

Breakfast was really good. Full English plus pastries, smoked salmon & bagels, cheeses, toast & spreads and cereals and more offered. The staff were great when we asked for decaf tea with soya milk (because of an allergy to the normal stuff). They were more than happy to sort us out with that and also replenished the Danishes as there were barely any left by the time we'd come down to brekkie.

The only thing that would have made out stay even better would be if we were allowed to visit the spa for the morning after checking out. Unfortunately they limit your usage. I guess it makes sense but I've not known any other spas to have this rule.

Overall it was a very pleasant stay and a great birthday treat.

• Stayed: May 2014
ardencotemanor, General Manager at Ardencote, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Lyn
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor, we value your feedback as it allows us to develop and grow our business.
I was really pleased to see that you enjoyed your Break with us, it was lovely to read such positive comments and I will ensure that my team are copied in to the review.
I hope that you have an enjoyable time on your next visit to the Ardencote Manor Hotel.
Yours sincerely
Azhar Mian

Write a ReviewReviews (1,203)

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Went to Ardencote Manor last week on a lastminute.com deal.

Pros: Beautiful grounds, room clean, comfortable and well appointed, food was excellent, both breakfast and dinner in The Lodge was particularly good and the service was also top notch in The Lodge, Massage in the Spa was excellent the therapist was very good

Cons: the hotel was far too busy which led to quite a bit of disorganisation... the main disappointment being that we were unable to use the pool as we were told by 3 different staff members that the pool closed at 9pm but it closed at 8pm, the Spa was very busy and hence untidy... area behind spa reception piled up with papers, shoes and clutter, dirty towels on the floor in the Spa in my walk through to the therapy room, lots of the therapists were in bare feet or socks, some of the décor was dated and a bit more corporate than I expected for what seemed like a country house hotel, attention to detail was sometimes lacking...eg afternoon tea - one large pot of tea served with only 1 cheap supermarket style teabag - no choice of teas other than fruit - I added my own quality teabag from my handbag to improve the tea, the room wasn't ready on arrival, a number of areas of the hotel were closed due to the 2 weddings.

This hotel would be absolutely fine if you needed a place to stay if you were doing something locally but if you were going on a Spa type weekend where you intended to stay in the hotel itself I would give it a miss. The grounds and food were both good so I would say that it would be good choice for a wedding.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FudgeSundae
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for our wedding anniversary. The grounds are beautiful and vey impressive, room was lovely overlooking the golf course, the staff are very friendly in particular the reception staff think her name was Lauren very welcoming and showed us to our room and where the spa was situated. We had lunch in the brassiere as part of our package not only was the service fantastic but also the food, was pleasantly surprised at the choice and the quality considering the cost to upgrade to the lunch package. The spa facility's are not ok some areas need some tlc and maintenance, the outdoor hot tub is great despite the rain! It's heated and you can order drinks to be brought outside to you which is a nice touch, we then had a back massage each with Leanne which was nice and relaxing before getting ready for our 3 course dinner in the lodge, unfortunately the food in the lodge lets the other fantastic areas of the hotel down and the reason I've not given this review full marks. The starter was the size of a canapé def the smallest size starters I've ever seen in any fine dining establishment, the main course of pork fillet was lacking in flavour, again an overly small portion and the desert small but the taste made up for this course, the service was of a fair standard but I think as the service in reception, the brassiere and the spa was exceptional we expected the same here! We will certainly be returning but only if we can do a package to have dinner at the Brassiere!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I spent a Friday and a Saturday night here with my daughter on a Spa Break Special, which included some treatments and to which we added some extra treats as well. Our timetable was very well organised and we were also able to enjoy good use of other leisure facilities, including the pools, hot tub, whirlpool and sauna. We also attended an exercise class and used the gym. Despite the hotel being very busy on the Saturday, we were still able to enjoy the facilities without it feeling too crowded, except for the outdoor pool area. The weather was beautiful for May and this area was very busy which may put some people off. Given the choice I guess weekends are best avoided unless you do not mind the hen party groups which the spa seems popular for! We ate evening meals in the Lodge Restaurant as part of our package, the food service and atmosphere were all of a good standard. There is certainly something for everyone here, golf, tennis, squash, spa, gym pools, etc all set in beautiful grounds of 83 acres. I would certainly be happy to return, if I ever get the opportunity.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Received an excellent corporate rate of under £80 per night. Reservation requests were always responded to quickly. One time error on billing was resolved instantly.

Location is rural. For me this was perfect as no road noise, good views from the rooms and a sense of space. Car parking, even when hotel was full was never an issue. Hotel has good size gym open from 6am which is perfect for business users. Two pools, one inside and one outside, tennis courts, a range of spa treatments which i personally didn't need to use. There is also a hairdressers on site. There are two main communal areas, but many smaller rooms that you can sit and get away from it all. The hotel in the summer will be fantastic as there are loads of outdoor seating areas.

Minor improvement points. The air-con in the rooms was a little too loud for me and I switched it off. The music in the sports bar doesn't fit the feel of the hotel, e.g. more modern, irritating beat music that no one really wants to hear... ever! Bar food was ok, but after a few weeks it would be great to have a better range (obviously you can use the restaurant, but most evenings when you are there working, you don't need the more formal restaurant feel).

Room Tip: The main building rooms are better and easier to get to the gym, pools, bars and restaurants in the...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 April 2014

7 of us booked the afternoon tea package, staying overnight with a facial and spa use.
The hotel is lovely, good sized rooms, we were in the courtyard and it was very quiet. We had complimentary tea pot and bags enough for 2, and bottles of water.
The afternoon tea was plentiful with a good selection of sandwiches, cakes, and more clotted cream that we needed. We had to remind the waiter that it was meant to come with champagne, but once sorted it was great. We had a 3 course dinner booked, every course was perfect. Possibly on the small side for some, but just right for us after afternoon tea. Breakfast is a buffet style and had everything you would expect.
The spa itself is good. I especially like the outdoor 'heated' pool - probably about the same temperature as the indoor one, and the outdoor hottub where you can order drinks.
It was much busier on the saturday than the sunday. But there are enough different areas to be in if one place is too crowded you can move elsewhere. The free flow drinks room is a lounge, there's no music playing in there so you can hear other peoples conversations. The tranquility room again you can hear people walking past the room and even into one of the bedrooms next to it, but despite that it is a nice place to snuggle up under blankets. There are plenty of places to get water. Both pools are a decent size if you want to swim.
It is mixed and there are children there, however they are not allowed in the 'hot things' and were all well behaved.
THe facial was an express 25min, and was just as good as other facials I have had. She managed to get in a head and shoulder massage. She didn't talk to me which is how I prefer things - although I usually expect to be asked if I want to be talked through what they are doing. there was no selling of products after either which was good.
One tip is that the spa do not advertise is that they will tumble dry your gown - it takes 30mins, and is great if you don't like sitting around in wet gowns.

Room Tip: I had room 43 which was extra big as it was set up for disabled users. The heating took a bit of ti...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Spanzarella
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed on a secret escape break which included use of the spa. I pre booked treatments for myself and my husband and I had one of the best full body massages I have ever had. The only disappointment about the spa was the outdoor hot tub was broke so we didn't get to use it.
We ate in the lodge restaurant and the food was lovely. Our room was in the courtyard and we had a lovely view of the golf course.
We had breakfast in the brassiere which was also very nice.
All the staff were great and friendly apart from the brassiere manager who covered the bar while we were there he was quite rude when he told us we could no longer have cocktails as he was too busy !!

Stayed: April 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Claverdon
Wroxall Abbey Hotel & Estate
7 mi away
Hogarths Hotel
Hogarths Hotel
#1 of 2 in Dorridge

Been to Ardencote? Share your experiences!