“Love it”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Claverdon
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Love it”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Had our wedding here. The staff are very friendly and the grounds are lovely. There was young kids also staying and dint seem to get bored. I would say don't go for the three course meal at the evening unless you like to try different foods you wouldn't usually come by and they didn't seem to happy about children in there. Over all a nice time and would defiantly go back for a weekend!

Room Tip: If you are going for a spa break then the rooms in the building with reception. The other building h...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
ardencotemanor, General Manager at Ardencote, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor, we value your feedback as it allows us to develop and grow our business.
I was really pleased to see that you enjoyed your Break with us, it was lovely to read such positive comments and I will ensure that my team are copied in to the review.
I hope that you have an enjoyable time on your next visit to the Ardencote Manor Hotel.
Azhar Mian

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
Reviewed 15 May 2014

The hotel and spa were incredibly well kept, with friendly and helpful staff.
The dinning spaces provided an opportunity for a relaxing drink inside or outside wandering the finely trimmed gardens.
The rooms are a good size, fully equipped with everything you could need.
Overall a smoothly run and well maintained hotel, with a great attention to detail. Leaving an overwhelming impression of absolute quality.

• Stayed March 2014
Derby, UK
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

We attended a wedding in the large conservatory, such a lovely setting, very light and airy.

Food was outstanding, service great and so was still nice and hot once served.

Beautiful grounds for photos, overall a wonderful venue and staff were always on hand and appeared to have everything well under control.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,
I was really pleased to see that you enjoyed the wedding you attended here at the Ardencote Manor, it was lovely to read such positive comments and I will ensure that my team are copied in to the review.
essex
Reviewed 14 May 2014

The hotel, spa & grounds are breath taking. Rooms are of an excellent standard. So clean. Staff are outstanding. Treatments & facilities are excellent. Food in restaurants top quality even down to snacks. Service outstanding. Would def go & would recommend to anyone. My husband & I took this break whilst our son on a school trip & it was like a second honeymoon. Nothing was too much trouble. Everyone has to go to this fab place

Room Tip: They are al great
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Claire,
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I had a stone cold shower in room number 3. The burger I had contained so much salt because I started drinking lots of water right through the night disturbing my sleep. The manager didn't believe me. Considering I was staying here for work, I don't want anything free or money back because work pay for it! The burgers are hand made and it seems the salt has been thrown on the top of the meat mixture and not mixed through properly. When the manager went back to the room the hot water was back on. He didn't believe me and was rather rude about. He was not sympathetic and he didn't even say he would monitor the room to check if it happens again. Obviously every other room was having a shower around the same time, hence no hot water. Why would I complain when I don't want anything out it other than "Sorry we will look into it".

Room Tip: A room away from reception.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,
My apologies that you felt that your complaint was not handled in an appropriate manner. I can assure you that we served over a dozen burgers that evening and we did not receive any comments about the food being too salty. Had you mentioned to any of the staff at the time than we would have gladly replaced the burger for you or offered you an alternative. The bedroom shower was inspected on the morning of your departure by myself and there were no issues in terms of temperature or pressure. I did come back down to speak to you however you had already departed the hotel and I subsequently rang you to apologise for any inconvenience.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Had a spa weekend at Ardencote with friends. The location is ideal , however the place is very crowded and elements of service were not upto the mark. We had to wait long times to use the steam room as well as the hot tub and Jacuzzi. We also went for spa treatments, the service for this was poor with a lengthy form to fill and minimum attention paid to customers. Last but not the least I ordered eggs for breakfast, that never arrived. overall, very mediocre and too commercial for a relaxed weekend ( there were hen parties, weddings and balls going on at the same time)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,
Please accept my apologies that you found the hotel to be too commercial for a relaxing weekend. We cater for a large diverse market which include spa and leisure guests and guests attending weddings. The leisure facilities are available for all our guests to use from 10.30am on the day of arrival until your departure time and I am sorry that you found some of the facilities to be crowded at the times that you wished to use them.
Kind Regards,
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

I booked a last minute weekend break at Ardencote for my fiancée and I. On arrival, we were blown away by the beautiful location and gorgeous grounds. The car park was busy, we assumed because there was a wedding on.

I'd booked a suite in the Lakeside building, which is separate from the main building. The suite was located within a "turret" in the building, with stunning views over the grounds and golf course. The room was tired and a bit dated with no shower but the views made up for it. So far so good.

After checking in, we had a quick drink and light lunch in the Brasserie, which was lovely.

The weekend started to go wrong when we decided to visit the spa for a late afternoon swim. Big mistake. While the pool was a decent size, the pool and spa area was overcrowded (and poorly organised) and it was impossible to swim because of the number of people and families playing in the pool, diving in and messing about with floats. There were insufficient loungers to sit on and there were groups of women sharing 2 loungers between say 6 of them. This was disappointing because my fiancée is pregnant therefore can not use the sauna/steam room etc. because of the heat and was looking forward to a swim. We had a whirl pool bath in the suite so she was looking forward to using that.

After writing the spa visit off as a bad job, we returned to our room for a relax before dinner. Unfortunately, the whirlpool bath in the suite wasn't working. Another disappointment.

Dinner at the Lodge was excellent, and a special word of praise goes to our waiter, Ivan, who could not have been more helpful. We were a little disappointed with the speed of the meal, the starter and main course being rushed out before we had a chance to finish our first drinks, but the food quality was excellent.

We finished our meal at about 9.00pm and decided to have an early night in our room. Big mistake number two.

Although our suite was located at the top of the building, on the second floor, it was positioned directly above the function suite in the Lakeside building. Unfortunately, there was a function on and, when we got back to the suite, we were shocked at the volume of the music which was reverberating through the building. The suite was literally shaking and we could hear word for word every lyric to Whitney Houston's "I Wanna Dance with Somebody".

We went to reception and spoke to the duty manager, Leigh, who promised to speak to the DJ and have the music turned down. Unfortunately, whatever Leigh did only made the problem worse and the music seemed to get even louder. By 10.00pm it was clear that our planned relaxing evening would be impossible, so we asked Leigh if there were any other rooms available. There were no suites available and we were told we had a choice of three rooms. The first room Leigh offered us was just as loud. Eventually, we were offered a basic room on the first floor which, although it was basic and rather scruffy, was at least quiet. We went to bed and wrote the night off.

In the morning,we decided to have a quick shower and head home, rather than risk a free-for-all buffet breakfast. To our dismay, the shower in the room was broken. While the water worked, when I tried to turn the temperature up, the control came off in my hand! We put our clothes on and checked out.

To add insult to injury, at reception, Leigh dropped the bombshell that he wasn't authorised to refund any part of our bill, so we had no choice other than to pay the whole of our nearly £400 bill. We asked if we could speak to someone who did have the necessary authority and were told we would have to wait until the following day when the General Manager was in. We were offered no discount and no offer of compensation.

To put it mildly, we paid £400 for a night in a room which wouldn't have been out of place in an old Travelodge.

The overall experience was disappointing.

The hotel website states "The Ardencote Manor Hotel Country Club & Spa, combines traditional elegance and the comforts of a modern luxury hotel with the emphasis on relaxation." This is a misdescription.

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Martin M
Dear Guest,
My sincere apologies for the issues you had during your recent visit with us and as we have discussed over the telephone I am sure that your next visit to the Ardencote will be more enjoyable.
Azhar Mian, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Claverdon
Hallmark Hotel The Welcombe
Hallmark Hotel The Welcombe
#7 of 28 in Stratford-upon-Avon
Wroxall Abbey Hotel & Estate
Mercure Warwickshire Walton Hall Hotel & Spa
Mercure Warwickshire Walton Hall...
#1 of 1 in Wellesbourne Hastings
Billesley Manor Hotel
Billesley Manor Hotel
#13 of 28 in Stratford-upon-Avon
Nailcote Hall Hotel and Golf Club
Mallory Court Hotel
Mallory Court Hotel
#2 of 16 in Leamington Spa

Been to Ardencote? Share your experiences!