“Really good experience”
Review of Ardencote

Ardencote
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Claverdon
Reviewed 10 July 2014

After reading some of the reviews on here I was a little worried our Friday night stop over for our best friends wedding would not be all we hoped. However it was ace! The check in was easy and staff friendly. The wheel chair accessible room we booked was very well appointed and very spacious. We were staying with our 6year old (bridesmaid) daughter and had asked for a small bed to be added. It was a very comfortable fold out bed which was more than adequate. The hotel it's self is lovely, set in well maintained grounds and the food both main meal and evening buffet was of a very good standard.
All in all I would recommend a stay here and hope to return soon.

Room Tip: Court yard area by the out door pool. Room 22 ish but this one is accessible.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
ardencotemanor, General Manager at Ardencote, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor, we value your feedback as it allows us to develop and grow our business.
I was really pleased to see that you enjoyed your Break with us, it was lovely to read such positive comments and I will ensure that my team are copied in to the review.
I hope that you have an enjoyable time on your next visit to the Ardencote Manor Hotel.
Azhar Mian

Write a ReviewReviews (1,210)

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Everything about ardencote is lovely booked here for my hen party back in June 2013. Lovely rooms with views, amazing treatments facial, bamboo massage, nail file and paint also outdoor hot tub was amazing although pool abit cold. One of the best spas I have been too will definitely be returning great value for money

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Sophie B
ardencotemanor, General Manager at Ardencote, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear Sophie,
I was really pleased to see that you enjoyed your Hen weekend with us, it was lovely to read such positive comments and I will ensure that my team are copied in to the review.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Stayed here for a family party.
The staff were excellent very professional and couldn't do enough for us.
Excellent facilities really enjoyed the 9 hole golf course which was a real treat and a little bit of a challenge for beginners like me but never less lots of fun.
Food was really good a lot of choice and the breakfast buffet in the morning was excellent.
Lovely room with a good view over the lake and the golf course, very clean and well appointed.
Our family had a lovely overnight stay and the party was very well organised pity it was only for one night.
Would definitely recommended and will definitely be back again in the future.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
I was really pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, it was lovely to read such positive comments and I will ensure that my team are copied in to the review.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Booked a spa weekend. Beautiful grounds to walk in - except we felt that we intruded on the 3 weddings which took place over the weekend. The weather was beautiful and we enjoyed to quiet around the pool late Friday afternoon - but it was choc-a-block with silly gossipy women for hen spas and pre-wedding spas. Spa treatments: the full body massage I had was disappointing, although the facial was a revelation. Having booked two months in advance, it was disconcerting to see how disorganised the spa staff were. Booking times were ignored and we were made to feel that I was inconveniencing them for not being flexible by having my treatments at a two hour interval to my partner (which would right-off the rest of the day), all so hen parties could take preference. The spa was tatty - peeling paint on the ceilings, cobwebs etc. The bedroom was in an 'annexe' above conference / wedding facilities (all in full use - with all that entails in terms of late night corridor movement). Again tired decor and dirty bathroom. I asked for the bathroom to be cleaned, there was evidence that housekeeping had been in, but the specific area I asked to be cleaned, wasn't. I left a note and evidence that I had started the cleaning myself for the maid on Saturday am. This time it was done - sort of. The bed was a Hypnos, but small and not pocket sprung! I would rather stay at a Premiere Inn for a quarter of the price. Too many corners cut. Too many nice enough, but inexperienced (untrained), young staff. If it didn't have a spa and a lift, they'd struggle to get 3*. Fine for business conferences & weddings I'd have thought, but not for a getaway. Having said that, look a bit more closely at the wedding pavilion and it's covered in cobwebs and spiders, weeds spread over the paving and there's a specific bit of dodgy tiling which you just know is going to pop up on all the wedding photos. Very poor value for money.

Room Tip: There were plenty of other customer complaints I listened to at reception about rooms with defects w...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
ardencotemanor, General Manager at Ardencote, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear Guest,

My apologies that you felt your stay was disrupted by our events taking place at the hotel. We have specifically designed the Leisure and Spa facilities which include a new Brasserie Bar and Restaurant in an area well away from any events that may be taking place at the hotel and I can assure you that we deliver an excellent experience for the majority of our Leisure and Spa guests. We are currently undertaking a soft refurbishment programme in the bedrooms that you were staying in which include soft furnishings along with new beds. I will discuss your comments regarding the housekeeping issues to ensure that the bedrooms are checked to ensure that our high standards are maintained. The wedding Island and Pavillion are cleaned on a weekly basis as we conduct well over 50 weddings on the Island throughout the year and have not yet received any negative feedback in terms of its cleanliness.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

This is a large establishment which caters for weddings, functions etc. etc. That said you would have expected that if they had booked a wedding for 1-30pm on a Sunday they would have had rooms ready so guests attending and staying at the hotel could change before hand unfortunately this was not the case. Even the bride and six bridesmaid had to make do with one room to change. The food was just average, drink very expensive and service very slow. Took ages to get a coffee served in the Brassiere. Our bedroom was good, large, good bathroom and good sleep quality. Breakfast was fair in the morning. For such a large establishment I would have expected a bit better.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your feedback and please accept our apologies that you were unable to check into your room earlier than the guaranteed check in time of 2.30pm. We do advise of this at time of booking and on all our correspondence however we do offer changing facilities in our Leisure and Spa Facilities. The menu is chosen by the Bride & Groom and I can assure you that the drinks prices are very reasonable for a 4 star hotel as we carry out regular price checks with other hotels in the area. Please accept my apologies if you felt that the service of food and drink were on the slow side.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

A little apprehensive with not being on a spa weekend before, was excellent. The whole place was clean, brilliant use of facilities, spacious rooms, the food was excellent and staff were very accommodating. The only negative would be the ladies toilets during the evening. Can't wait to book the next weekend away!!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,
I was really pleased to see that you enjoyed your Spa Break with us, it was lovely to read such positive comments and I will ensure that my team are copied in to the review.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

4 of us stayed here and very much enjoyed our sojourn.. Rooms were well appointed and we had windows to the front and side giving lovely views over the golf course. Lots of facilities including excellent indoor and outdoor pools both heated !.The buffet breakfast gave an excellent choice and you eat in the old style conservatory. The hotel is set in lovely countryside and there is a beautiful lake adjacent to one part of the hotel . One of the restaurants has a superb view of the large lake. We ate in the restaurant one night and whilst the meal was well cooked we found the portions a liitle ''fine dining ish' for our taste i.e small
Hotel is near the lovely town of Warwick and the tourist haven of Stratford. A deserved 'recommend'

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ALANJL55

Azhar Mian

Also consider these accommodations in or near Claverdon
Hallmark Hotel The Welcombe
Hogarths Hotel
Hogarths Hotel
#1 of 2 in Dorridge
Mercure Warwickshire Walton Hall Hotel & Spa
Mercure Warwickshire Walton Hall...
#1 of 1 in Wellesbourne Hastings

Been to Ardencote? Share your experiences!