“Amazing anniversary stay”

Ardencote
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Claverdon
“Amazing anniversary stay”
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I chose the Ardencote to celebrate our 1st wedding anniversary.
We had the most enjoyable relaxing time.
Our bedroom was lovely and situated in the 'courtyard' area of the hotel, near to the spa.
Check in was warm and welcome and as we had arrived early to make use of the spa facilities we were aware our bedroom wouldnt be available till later on.
My husband went to play a round of golf, dissapointed to pay a green fee of £15 on top of our stay for a 9 hole course.
I went for a facial in the spa, the therapist was very attentive and I thoroughly enjoyed it. After some lounging around the outdoor pool and a dip in the hot tub we went for more spa treatments, my husband had the sports massage however he didn't think it was worth the money paid. I had a candle back massage which again, I really enjoyed.
Dinner in the brasserie was excellent we both had the lamb, which was to die for, so tender. The staff were excellent and very attentive.
We had a drink out on the terrace but lots of wasps flying round put us off. There was a wedding function going on but it didn't disturb our relaxing stay one bit.

Breakfast was excellent, buffet style served in the conservatory overlooking the gardens.

All in all a VERY enjoyable stay we can't wait to return next year. Thankyou.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
ardencotemanor, General Manager at Ardencote, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear Lisa,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor, we value your feedback as it allows us to develop and grow our business.
I was really pleased to see that you enjoyed your Spa Break with us, it was lovely to read such positive comments and I will ensure that my team are copied in to the review.
I hope that you have an enjoyable time on your next visit to the Ardencote Manor Hotel.
Azhar Mian

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
Stamford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Lovely break with my daughter, the staff could not have been more helpful, the spa was lovely and we really enjoyed the treatments. Our room was very clean and comfortable and had a view of the outdoor pool. The food was very good and included in our package which made it amazing value, we would definitely book again but for longer.

Room Tip: A room in the courtyard if great for the spa and pools.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear Ruth,
I was really pleased to see that you enjoyed your Break with us, it was lovely to read such positive comments and I will ensure that my team are copied in to the review.
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Had a one night spa break with friends. Read reviews after booking however did not agree with all of them. Staff very pleasant, rooms comfortable overlooking golf course, Spa, pools and hot tub relaxing. Yes relaxation room sofas need upgrading however people were sitting in wet cossies so they will get tired looking. Dinner and breakfast were superb considering what we paid, will be going back in October.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Robert B
Dear Robert
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Just read some of the previous reviews, and was a little taken a back. My husband and I have just returned from a 2 night break, and we cannot speak highly enough about the hotel, its services and its staff. Lovely room overlooking the golf course. Our treatments in the spa were amazing and the food at breakfast, in the brasserie and in the lodge were fantastic. The grounds of the hotel were lovely, and although busy, everyone was well managed and spread, it didn't seem busy. The staff were fantastic, their politeness and professionalism was second to none. Particularly in the brasserie/lodge and the spa. Will definitely go back for more!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Emma,
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Had a great time here weekend of August 2nd. Very nice grounds, lovely breakfast, friendly staff. Would highly recommend. We avoided dinner as there didn't seem to be a child's menu. Swimming pool great but a shame children can't use the outside pool.

Room Tip: Courtyard rooms look out on golf course
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear Mark
I was really pleased to see that you enjoyed your Break with us. We do offer a children's menu in the Restaurant, I am sorry if this was not shown to you.
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

I booked this for a spa break for myself and a friend. When I booked the reviews were good, they then for progressively worse so was nervous!

We arrived to a nice welcome and tour of the spa. It looked nice and it was. I thought the communal areas were clean. The lounge with the free drinks I think could do with new sofas but it was ok. Inside pool was clean but cold.

Had a manicure which was lovely and a pregnancy massage. Again lovely. Slightly miffed as I'd emailed to say we were both pregnant (and we filled out a safety form) but we were still offered and booked in to the massage chair - it was only that we asked to be told no.

Our room was fine. On opening the door there was a strange smell, we later found this to be due to a wet patch on the carpet, I think to get rid of a red wine stain. Not the end of the world but not great. Bathroom clean if a little shabby.

Our dinner was lovely, really great.

I don't think it's as bad as the reviews make out.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,
I was really pleased to see that you enjoyed your Break with us. Thank you also for the constructive points you have raised which I will be discussing with my team in order to resolve the issues.
We hope to welcome you back to the Ardencote Manor Hotel.
Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Recently stayed at this hotel and had a special offer which was excellent value. The hotel and grounds were lovely. The three course meal we received was excellent as well as the cream tea. The only negatives Were we had a unexplained wait for our room but as we could use the leisure facilities it wasn't a problem, although we didn't really receive an apology. Also something needs to be done about the wasps in and outside the restaurant, not what you want when your trying to eat and drink. Would recommend and hope to visit again.

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Lauren
I was really pleased to see that you enjoyed your Break with us. I can only apologise for the fact you had to wait for your room. The issue you had with wasps was reported to our maintenance team who have now resolved the problem.
Azhar Mian
Also consider these accommodations in or near Claverdon
Hallmark Hotel The Welcombe
Hallmark Hotel The Welcombe
#7 of 28 in Stratford-upon-Avon
Mercure Warwickshire Walton Hall Hotel & Spa
Mercure Warwickshire Walton Hall...
#1 of 1 in Wellesbourne Hastings
Wroxall Abbey Hotel & Estate
Mercure Brandon Hall Hotel and Spa Warwickshire
Billesley Manor Hotel
Billesley Manor Hotel
#14 of 28 in Stratford-upon-Avon
Chesford Grange - A QHotel

Been to Ardencote? Share your experiences!