“Enjoyable stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Claverdon
Essex
“Enjoyable stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

We have just spent 4 days at the hotel. We found the staff to be really accommodating, from the leisure club, the brasserie to the breakfast team. They were excellent. The grounds and gardens are well kept, I do think the main corridor within the hotel could do with a refresh to brighten things up a little. We only ate breakfast, this was excellent, someone did seem a bit put off by the lack of tongs for picking the toast up and very particular where they sat! Not sure why this seems so important, the staff dealt with the situation well though. I do think some investment is required, some smaller detail ie a spinner in the changing room for your costume, repair the table football game, replace the furniture in the 'Executive Lounge' (it is more akin to a care home!!), but overall a nice few days.

Room Tip: Get a room in the new block overlooking the golf course/swimming pool.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ardencotemanor, General Manager at Ardencote, responded to this review, 24 September 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor, we value your feedback as it allows us to develop and grow our business.
I was really pleased to see that you enjoyed your Break with us and will take your feedback on board.
I hope that you have an enjoyable time on your next visit to the Ardencote Manor Hotel.
Azhar Mian

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
Coventry, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

Attended a wedding here in August. Venue is great with some brilliant spits for pictures outside.

Staff are attentive and take care of you. Bars a little pricey but not to pricey as the break the bank.

Food is pretty good we had the pate for starters chicken for main and creme brulee for desert. All where very good and a great choice if your planning a menu.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Simon S
Dear Simon,
I was really pleased to see that you enjoyed the wedding you attended, it was lovely to read such positive comments and I will ensure that my team are copied in to the review.
warwickshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

I celebrated my 65th birthday here at the Lodge Restaurant.
We had previously had a 40th Wedding Anniversary Bash here 3 years ago and had a fabulous day, so it made sense that we returned for my 65th birthday dinner with my family.
We were not disappointed, we ate in the Lodge restaurant where the staff were friendly and very professional, we had a fabulous meal, not hurried with plenty of attention from staff. ( even obliged me with a dish request )
Many thanks to all at the lodge, it was wonderful,I may be a year older but I had a day I will not forget.

Dear Guest,
I was really pleased to see that you enjoyed your Break with us, it was lovely to read such positive comments and I will ensure that my team are copied in to the review.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

This is a truly lovely spa hotel with exquisite fine dining in the lodge restaurant. However when I asked if there was anything the hotel could do to make my wife's 30th birthday a bit more special (as we had just missed our flights to italy because of a coach crash on m5) they said they would make us VIPs and would put a bottle of wine on the table, have the chef come out and talk about the food and would generally make a fuss of her. All that happened was a birthday candle in her dessert and while there was a bottle of prosecco on the table, we were charged full price for the bottle. I mentioned this on check out and was told because the restaurant manager didnt specifically say that it was courtesy of the house that it was my tough luck and I had to pay it. So all in all as vips all we got was a candle and a bottle of wine added to our bill at full price, not exactly what I had in mind. All other aspects of the spa were lovely and if it wasnt for this disappointing end it would have been a fantastic birthday getaway.

• Stayed August 2014
      Location
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
ardencotemanor, General Manager at Ardencote, responded to this review, 25 September 2014
Dear Guest,

Please accept our apologies for any misunderstanding with regards to the arrangements that you were trying to make for your wife’s birthday. I am surprised that you were not given the correct information as these types of requests are handled on a daily basis by our Front Office team. I will of course speak to the Front Office Manager and pass on your comments.
I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Ardencote in the not too distant future.

Yours Sincerely,
birmingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Attended a wedding here recently and had the most fantastic time, the staff were all friendly and welcoming, the food was absolutely hands down the best meal i have ever had anywhere especially the roast potatoes!. Service was flawless from start to finish.
Nothing was too much trouble. The organisation was spot on.
The family room we had was very spacious and spotlessly clean as was the bathroom, the mattress was extremely comfortable, the tea tray was impressive, the rooms have air conditioning, everything in the room was of a high quality.
The pool was clean and lovely and warm and there were plenty of floats provided for the kids. Lots of facilities in the changing rooms, hair dryers, weighing scales, showers, water machines, towels provided etc
Wish we could of stayed longer and will definitely visit again

Room Tip: we stayed in 215 which was a very nice room indeed (family room)
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ardencotemanor, General Manager at Ardencote, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Castel, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

The hotel, its facilities and extensive grounds are excellent: much taken up by the golf course, but with a garden, lake, two islands with bridges, small outdoor play area, indoor games room, pools, etc, etc. Perfect for our family break. Reception staff friendly and helpful; some of the other staff rather less so, especially some of those serving in the Brasserie/bar area. A small amount of training and management would help to make the service excellent rather than so-so. The Brasserie itself is not inspiring (why not use the much better conservatory?), neither is the food. Breakfast was a disappointment, especially the bread which appeared to be the cheapest package sort of white and brown, some of it stale. No rolls, just some of what seemed to be offcuts of hard bits, virtually inedible. There is no excuse for this in a place of this quality - it just lets the experience down. Having said that, our children had a great time using the facilities and exploring, and we may well come again.

Room Tip: We had a courtyard room on the ground floor, which was fine.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest,
I was really pleased to see that you enjoyed your Break with us, it was lovely to read such positive and also your constructive comments and I will ensure that my team are copied in to the review and your points are discussed.
Nottingham
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Purchased a deal off Secret Escapes. Stayed here fir one night to celebrate my partners birthday. First impressions? Lovely setting, polite and friendly staff when checking in and a very nice room. Check in was straight forward. The lady in the spa check in desk was helpful and really polite. Our room was a court yard room and we were impressed by how spacious and clean the room was. Heading to the spa the changing rooms were clean, the swimming pool both the indoor one and pool outside were also clean. I liked the abundance of loungers and deck chairs around the pool areas. Slight disappointment with the sauna which didn't give off a lot of heat with no visible faculty to correct this but the steam room was lovely. We ate in the lodge restaurant. Food was beautiful and again wonderful service. Found the general bar prices quite expensive (£17 for 2 large glasses of wine) If I had one niggle it was the quality of breakfast the following morning. Served buffet style the bacon and scrambled egg was cold day in their tins. The toast machine was a pain (toast would be better served to tables..) no pastries which was a shame also but the service was again good. Sort your breakfast out for a guranteed 5 star stay!

• Stayed August 2014
      Location
2 Thank NottinghamDevito
Dear Guest,
I was really pleased to see that you enjoyed your Spa Break with us, it was lovely to read such positive comments and also your constructive comments and I will ensure that my team are copied in to the review.
Azhar Mian
Also consider these accommodations in or near Claverdon
Hallmark Hotel The Welcombe
Ettington Park Hotel
Ettington Park Hotel
#1 of 1 in Alderminster
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,384 reviews

Been to Ardencote? Share your experiences!