The Pykkerell
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All Saints Hotel(Bury St Edmunds)
View Hotel
Best Western Priory Hotel(Bury St Edmunds)
View Hotel
The Angel Hotel(Bury St Edmunds)
View Hotel
The Chantry Hotel(Bury St Edmunds)
View Hotel
All reviewsfish pielarge tvlovely servicepub lunchpork bellybottled wateran evening mealfull english breakfastgood sizeopen firedouble roomcomfy bedone night staybury stbiscuitsgravyrear
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 August 2013

My family and i thought we would give this place try as we had heard lots of good reports about it since the recent change of management.
I am glad we did. The food was superb, interesting without being fussy and very reasonably priced. We especially enjoyed the triple cooked chips and the home made deserts, such a pleasant change from the plastic shop bought stuff that a lot of places seem to think is acceptable.
The service was slick along with a good variety of well kept real ales.
Last , but not least, it's a really pretty Elizabethan pub with a gem of a sun trap courtyard.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Tristan M, Owner at The Pykkerell, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

Thank you for your review, it is much appreciated! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Regards
Tristan

Reviewed 30 July 2013

We visited this pub for an evening meal knowing there were new owners and a new menu, the specials here are a bit to busy and fancy for our liking but they have kept a good variety of food on the menu. Unfortunately they have done away with the always popular pie night, fish night and have only kept the steak night. We opted for the steak and I must say that it was cooked perfectly my only complaint is that the peas were terribly over cooked. Service is not bad (if a little slow) and the decor is fresh and New.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I booked this inn because it's local to me and had eaten there before on a steak night (excellent) So with friends & family celebrated my husband's 50th birthdat Friday.The food& Service were 1st class &would recommend to everyone.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I had the pleasure of eating at this pub/restaurant recently when visiting a friend. The pub/restaurant is full of character and is light and inviting. I was lucky enough to visit on a sunny day and got to sit in the beautiful courtyard eating my Sunday roast.

The staff were attentive and friendly and despite the restaurant being full, there was no delay in getting our drinks, food and bill when we asked for it.

The Sunday Roast is a must and the homemade desserts are amazing (so much choice I had to order 2 as I couldn't decide between them!)

I'm off to Centre Parcs later on this year and will definitely be visiting again with my family.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Last week, we, my husband & I stayed at this lovely hotel in Suffolk.
The hotel itself was very nice, beautifully decorated . The staff were very helpful.
Parking arrangements good.
The room was very comfortable with all mod cons, very good bathroom.
Great flat screen TV. Bed and bed linen of good quality.
Breakfast was very good. Would stay there again.
Thanks to all the staff.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple