All reviews charity ball afternoon tea evening meal for sunday lunch wedding party london road bar food bit dated staff were polite would stay again comfortable bed double room full english duty manager breakfast was excellent family room one night stay
Reviewed 17 April 2017

Easter Sunday lunch was very impressive, 3 course carvery with a good mix of starter/dessert choice. Meat options of beef, lamb, pork or turkey, veggies roast and boiled spuds (with a mustard and honey glaze),chipolatas etc. The staff were tops, smiles and enthusiasm ( Wild man please take note), nothing was too much trouble for them, downside, if any was a tiny slice of lemon with the salmon and prawn starter and the diet coke mixer was a bit flat, but for twenty quid for 3 courses, it is a hard act to follow in the Ipswich area.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Rakurdi, General Manager at Best Western Ipswich Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2017

Dear Grahame C,

Thank you very much for taking the time to recently review you experience of Sunday Lunch at the Ipswich Hotel.

I was very happy to read that you were very impressed with the lunch, choice and quality of our offering.

We have subsequently had the engineers out to the hotel to sort out the issue with the dispensary machine that served the diet coke as we did have a few issues with this. But this has now been rectified and we have fizzy drinks back.

I look forward to hopefully welcoming you back in the near future

Kind regards

Reviewed 16 April 2017

I attended my mums wedding here last night and the wedding was fantastic, however, wen my husband arrived to check in and get himself, our 2and a half yr old and our 6mnth old ready he was told his room was not ready yet. The only explanation he got was that it wasn't her fault, dont blame her, there's nothing written down. That maybe the case but wen we booked we were told the family rooms would be ready 1st and should be fine to check in around 1. (He was there at 1.30) No other room was offered for them just to get ready so they had to resort to using the toilets.... then he finds out there's no baby changing table in the men's or a seperate disabled toilet with one so has to find someone else to take our baby to get changed in the ladies! This infuriates me that places dont have baby changing that is accessible by BOTH parents.. What happens if a single father has their children with him? Where does he go? (I was made of honour so was arriving in a limo and unavailable to help) which brings me onto my next moan... the bridal party had to be chucked out of the car and risked being seen by everyone because apparently the driver had another wedding to go to, so my mum was dropped at the suffolk suite and had to walk through once everyone had taken their seats in ceremony room and the limo swiftly left.... I later find out from my husband when telling him the story that he overheard the manager telling the driver of limo that he had to leave and get the limo off the premises immediately because we turned up 5 mins early and we were blocking the car park! How ridiculous! I was very disappointed with the service from the people involved, (even the barman didn't look like he new wat he was doin and got drinks wrong) however I must say that Kate (wedding organizer I think) and Carlos done a fantastic job, they were so friendly and went above and beyond to make the day run smoothly.

Room tip: 403, family room, ground floor with double, single and travel cot (which has to be requested separately) looks like stuck in the 80s though
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Hidf89,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay and attendance at a wedding at the hotel. I would be grateful if you could possibly email me directly at r.kurdi@cameronventuresgroup.co.uk so that I can discuss your concerns in more detail to enable me to investigate the matter further.

I look forward to hopefully hearing back from you

Reviewed 16 April 2017

A recent three night stay here cost £220 for two people, which I thought was good value. The hotel was spacious and comfortable, the service friendly and the location great - easily accessible with loads of parking. Would stay again.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Helen705,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review the Ipswich Hotel, I was very happy to read from your comments that you had a good stay and found that your stay was great value, with friendly staff and good location.

I do hope that we can welcome you back in the near future

Kind regards

Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

Was recently at a function at the hotel, staff were all very polite and helpful. I had been informed the hotel had undergone refurbishment, however it appears not the block of rooms I was staying in, as very dated decor and bathroom. The double glazed window had also blown and was clouded with moisture . I also wasn't aware TVs were manufactured so small.
But I would imagine the refurbishment will soon make its way to this section.
Breakfast was a buffet style with a good selection, but would suggest the chef replaces the hot items when required, as it looked like the food had been sat on the hot plate couple of hours.
Despite these few criticisms I would be happy to stay here again as the hotel is clean and well staffed.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank garyp251

Dear Gary P,

Thank you very much for reviewing the Ipswich Hotel following your recent stay with us.

I was very to happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, the team were friendly and looked after you.

We have been undergoing a refurbishment the past few months, and as you mentioned the bedrooms in the block you were staying in are in line to be refurbished very soon.

Perhaps if you could email me at r.kurdi@cameronventuresgroup.co.uk when you know you will be staying next in the area and I will upgrade you with my compliments to a newly refurbished bedroom so you can see the difference.

I look forward to hopefully hearing back from you.

Many thanks and regards

Reviewed 14 April 2017

Pretty much what I expected clean and tidy, however the mattress left a lot to be desired. Lumpy is an understatement they may want to add memory foam mattress topper. As for the disabled bathroom there was no lighting over the bath which is a concern when you're unsteady on your feet but the saving grace was a phone next to the bath in case of problems.

All that said I would stay here again.

Room tip: Room 401 & 404 both had a double and single bed in them.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear 66JayBee51

Thank you very much for taking the time to review the Ipswich Hotel following your recent stay with us.

I am glad that in the main part you enjoyed your stay with us, I have noted your points and when we look to refurbish these bedrooms in the near future we will look at the lighting and all bedding and mattresses will change for new.

I look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future

Kind Regards