All reviews africa room champagne room fresh milk the pub somerset countryside rain shower great bathroom open fire sunday lunch walk in shower fish and chips little touches cooked to perfection pudding warm welcome following morning fantastic stay
Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

Second time staying at the Holcombe, while under going treatment at bath hospital. Firstly, the rooms, food and service are excellent. But what makes this hotel so wonderful are the staff! An earlier review on this site brought up the subject of disability. I am disabled and I was treated so kindly, even down to being brought a meal to our room after a day in hospital. All staff are delightful, helpful and cheery, jules herself is lovely, and remembers her returning customers! I will always use the Holcombe when visiting bath, thanks for a second wonderful stay!!!

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 3 November 2013

An amazing place to stay with welcoming staff and wonderful food. We were advised to book for dinner which we did although we didnt think we would need to as it was a Thursday evening. How pleased we did, as the restaurant was full - which says a lot about the menu and quality. The room was well thought out and was spotlessly clean and very warm. The decor of the Inn leaves nothing to be desired and we will certainly return again - hopefully in the not too distant future. Very good value for money.
Thank you!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I spotted the Holcombe Inn in a magazine I was reading. It didn't disappoint. My sister and I stayed for 2 nights - we didn't actually venture away. Simply ate great food, played scrabble and read the newspaper sat on the comfortable sofa (I was so cosy on the sofa, I've since been out and bought one just like it!) The individual rooms showed attention to detail (a cafetiere with filter coffee); service in the restaurant was second to none. We relaxed, rejuvenated and would recommend it wholeheartedly.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 October 2013

My brother highly recommended The Holcombe Inn as he has stayed a few times before and Jules Melissa and her staff looked after us so well the whole weekend. Nothing as too much trouble and as there was a party of 33 of us it was quite a big event.
Everything from the setting of the Inn, the interiors, the happy welcoming faces and beautifully prepared food was of absolute excellence.
I'd not hesitate to recommend The Holcombe Inn to anyone, whether just for dinner or an over night stay.
We will definitely be returning soon. Thank you/

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 October 2013

This was an amazing find by some friends who we wanted to meet half way between Devon and Bucks.We arrived at 4 pm to be greeted by a charming smiling receptionist who showed us to our room and brought some fresh milk so we could enjoy a much needed cup of tea in our room....and what a lovely room! Every comfort and beautiful decorations in a cool blue and green.
Everything worked apart from one bedside light which turned out not to have a bulb. However, husband went and asked if he could have one and one was produced immediately.
Dinner was as good as the room.delicious food and we were not hurried at all so perfect place to chat to friends. Finally back to our room for the best night's sleep for ages.
We will definitely return.

Room Tip: We had "Tiffany"
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple