All reviewsafrica roomchampagne roomfresh milkthe pubroast beefsomerset countrysidereal alesunday lunchrain showergreat bathroomopen firewalk in showercooked to perfectionlittle touchespuddingfish and chipslovely weekend
Reviewed 24 November 2013

During our recent trip back to visit family in the UK, we spent a wonderful evening at the Holcombe Inn.

Our stay cannot be faulted. Great welcome, great service and fabulous food. Our two children loved it, too, especially the English breakfast!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 November 2013

My husband booked The Holcombe Inn for 2 nights alongside a little shopping trip! It was an absolutely fantastic find. All of the staff were friendly and helpful both on reception and at the bar. Nothing was too much trouble. Only 30 minutes from Bath and Clark's village location is good.

We stayed in the Pemberly which was immaculate and so comfortable with a lovely freestanding bath which was huge.

We ate in the restaurant both evenings and with a wide range of meals to choose from there was no need to look anywhere else to eat. The staff knew which room we were in so we could just order food and drink without having to give our room each time.

Without doubt we will be back and I would say don't hesitate to book a stay or a meal here. Fantastic!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

Second time staying at the Holcombe, while under going treatment at bath hospital. Firstly, the rooms, food and service are excellent. But what makes this hotel so wonderful are the staff! An earlier review on this site brought up the subject of disability. I am disabled and I was treated so kindly, even down to being brought a meal to our room after a day in hospital. All staff are delightful, helpful and cheery, jules herself is lovely, and remembers her returning customers! I will always use the Holcombe when visiting bath, thanks for a second wonderful stay!!!

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 3 November 2013

An amazing place to stay with welcoming staff and wonderful food. We were advised to book for dinner which we did although we didnt think we would need to as it was a Thursday evening. How pleased we did, as the restaurant was full - which says a lot about the menu and quality. The room was well thought out and was spotlessly clean and very warm. The decor of the Inn leaves nothing to be desired and we will certainly return again - hopefully in the not too distant future. Very good value for money.
Thank you!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I spotted the Holcombe Inn in a magazine I was reading. It didn't disappoint. My sister and I stayed for 2 nights - we didn't actually venture away. Simply ate great food, played scrabble and read the newspaper sat on the comfortable sofa (I was so cosy on the sofa, I've since been out and bought one just like it!) The individual rooms showed attention to detail (a cafetiere with filter coffee); service in the restaurant was second to none. We relaxed, rejuvenated and would recommend it wholeheartedly.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family