All reviewsafrica roomchampagne roomfresh milkthe pubsomerset countrysiderain showergreat bathroomopen firesunday lunchwalk in showerfish and chipslittle touchescooked to perfectionpuddingwarm welcomefollowing morningfantastic stay
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I have stayed at a few country pubs-hotels in the area, and some seem to have good reviews, but just are not that good. The Holcombe Inn is different. it really is a great place to stay. Some money has been spent on the decor. The rooms are actually large - surprising for the area. The service is mostly very good (though not great on a Sunday in the restaurant we found); the bar has a wonderful atmosphere, a great place to relax and read. Overall, it's a very good place to stay, and the food is also pretty good. And the location - wonderful, in the middle of nowhere, with views over open fields on a quiet backroad with no traffic.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Just got back from a 1 night stay at this amazing hotel. I've never reviewed a hotel before but this place has made me write my first.

From the moment we entered the hotel we were made at home. We stayed in the Pemberley room and it was breathtaking. Everything about it was perfect.

The food in the restaurant is stunning and faultless in every way. My wife even said her meal was the best she has ever had and we have eaten in some very good restaurants over the years.

No wonder this hotel has 5 stars, its worth all of them.

If you get chance to visit the Holcombe Inn as you will not be disappointed. We certainly will be coming back.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 November 2013

During our recent trip back to visit family in the UK, we spent a wonderful evening at the Holcombe Inn.

Our stay cannot be faulted. Great welcome, great service and fabulous food. Our two children loved it, too, especially the English breakfast!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 November 2013

My husband booked The Holcombe Inn for 2 nights alongside a little shopping trip! It was an absolutely fantastic find. All of the staff were friendly and helpful both on reception and at the bar. Nothing was too much trouble. Only 30 minutes from Bath and Clark's village location is good.

We stayed in the Pemberly which was immaculate and so comfortable with a lovely freestanding bath which was huge.

We ate in the restaurant both evenings and with a wide range of meals to choose from there was no need to look anywhere else to eat. The staff knew which room we were in so we could just order food and drink without having to give our room each time.

Without doubt we will be back and I would say don't hesitate to book a stay or a meal here. Fantastic!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

Second time staying at the Holcombe, while under going treatment at bath hospital. Firstly, the rooms, food and service are excellent. But what makes this hotel so wonderful are the staff! An earlier review on this site brought up the subject of disability. I am disabled and I was treated so kindly, even down to being brought a meal to our room after a day in hospital. All staff are delightful, helpful and cheery, jules herself is lovely, and remembers her returning customers! I will always use the Holcombe when visiting bath, thanks for a second wonderful stay!!!

• Stayed: October 2013