Just returned from four glorious nights in this wonderful inn! We stay a fabulous hotels all around the World, but this 17th century inn hits the spot on all counts! Hidden away in a small village in Somerset, it is that perfect blend of boutique hotel; friendly local pub; great restaurant and topped off with incredible staff! Owners Jules and Brad set the scene for a warm, friendly and professional welcome! Front of house Matt and Melissa (plus others) maintain the standards and all seem to show a genuine interest in their guests. Little extras such as home-made cookies and fresh milk in each room; four cups and saucers - two for afternoon tea and two for breakfast, make the usual tea making facilities so much better! The food is stunning! We are great foodies and loved the chef's style. My particular favourite was the rolled lamb shoulder!
Each room is different; ours, called 'Champagne' (an apt name for a wine merchant!) was beautifully decorated. The bathroom had a huge bath and rain shower! Loved the toiletries too!!! Another bonus - really good (and free!!) wi-fi!!
We had a thoroughly relaxing long weekend! A real treat occurred on the Sunday night with a live band! The Sam Evans band - a talented group of local musicians who are clearly destined for fame. Talented instrumentalists, singers and lyricists, these young men kept us all tapping our feet and singing along! The audience of locals and hotel guests had a great time!! Talking of the locals: what a wonderful crowd!! Each evening, our pre-dinner drinks allowed us to chat to lovely people, meet excitable dogs and get to know the community spirit that clearly exists in Holcombe! I want to live there!!! We will certainly return to this gem of a place in deepest Somerset!!! Thank you Jules!! Thank you Holcombe!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Please Call us directly for Best Prices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Book Direct Rooms, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your The Holcombe Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Holcombe Hotel Somerset
- The Holcombe Inn Somerset