We stayed here for 1 night this week and what a find! Mike and Rowena were welcoming and nothing was too much trouble. They had upgraded us to a superior room and given us a choice of 2 to pick from ourselves, they even gave us a tour of the whole place to show us their renovation work. All their furniture is beautiful sold wood indian/asian influenced pieces which add character and charm and quality to the hotel, the decor is a little scruffy around the edges but it's spotlessly clean and warm. The views are beautiful over rolling hills of somerset and they have beautiful conservatory and garden filled with hand carved wooden tables and chairs for the summer. The place is warm...very warm so no need to bring your long johns in the winter. Everything has been thought of, the buffet breakfast spread is delicous, served with chuncky mugs, quality tea and coffee and with unique wooden trays and cutlery. If you're looking for prim and proper and clean cut finishes and modern features this place is not for you. If you appreciate character and charm, great hospitality, quirkiness and an experience you'll be chatting about to your friends and family for months after your stay...go here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Owner operated quirky house for people looking for something out of the ordinary. Gorgeous garden with great views especially from the huge conservatory. Unusual Asian/African feel bedrooms with no wardrobes, just pegs. A sense of fun is the theme and there is opportunity to meet and mingle with other guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Odigeo, Ebookers, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your The House near Bath reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Woolverton Hotel Somerset
- The House Near Bath Woolverton, Somerset