We stumbled across The House Hotel who had 2 rooms left! What we didn't expect was to uncover an absolute hidden gem, which turned out to be one of the best places we have ever stayed at and left us feeling we had experienced a truly special place. From arriving Mike and Rowena (the owners) were very welcoming and carried our bags to our rooms. Rowena showed us the two rooms left that were available. Both were unique and showed how much thought has gone into each room. We chose room 14 which was like an attic conversion. The bed and pillows were extremely comfortable, the shower excellent and the little touches of the mini bar and complimentary toiletries were brilliant. The only possible improvements could be a brighter lightbulb. The mini bar offered carefully selected products. The beer, something I had never heard of was very tasty. We had a drink in the bar before heading out for dinner and again this was very pleasant. I had yet another drink brand I hadn't before discovered. Breakfast in the morning was excellent. A complimentary glass of champagne (as it was a Sunday) with a great selection of fruit, croissants, breads, juices, cold meats etc. The views from the conservatory were special on a frosty morning. All in all, The House is a quirky upmarket bed and breakfast hotel that gives you an experience which is far away from what you get at the standard hotels like the Hilton etc, and leaves you wishing you could discover more places like this in the world. My girlfriend and I can't put our finger on what makes this hotel so special, it's just something you must discover!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Owner operated quirky house for people looking for something out of the ordinary. Gorgeous garden with great views especially from the huge conservatory. Unusual Asian/African feel bedrooms with no wardrobes, just pegs. A sense of fun is the theme and there is opportunity to meet and mingle with other guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia and Ebookers so you can book your The House near Bath reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Woolverton Hotel Somerset
- The House Near Bath Woolverton, Somerset