We spent an excellent 5 nights at woolverton house and have never had such a relaxing time with such a warm welcome. The non timetabled breakfast ( lots of fruit, crossiants and special earl grey tea) to the informal bar in the large conservatory in the evenings (local good quality beers and lagers) was exactly what we needed, with friendly guests and locals joining in the lovely setting.
Rowena and Mike were fantastic and were quite happy to point us in the direction of local events and how not to get lost in the Somerset countryside. The location is excellent for an assortment of villages, towns (inc Bath and Bristol) and tourist locations like the cheddar gorge. With a good size pub next door with fantastic ales (good range of food) we enjoyed the break from work.
We stayed in a room in the coach house which has loads of space, a huge super king bed with really soft bedding and a large telly. Tea facilities and a fridge are in the room. Internet connectivity is available all throughout. We are hoping to go back soon with extended family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Owner operated quirky house for people looking for something out of the ordinary. Gorgeous garden with great views especially from the huge conservatory. Unusual Asian/African feel bedrooms with no wardrobes, just pegs. A sense of fun is the theme and there is opportunity to meet and mingle with other guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your The House near Bath reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Woolverton Hotel Somerset
- The House Near Bath Woolverton, Somerset