“Very good”
Review of The Fromeway

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Radstock
The Fromeway
Ranked #1 of 6 Radstock B&B and Inns
Cheshire England
“Very good”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stopped at the Fromeway for two nights along with two friends. This was our annual cycling weekend. It is a very understated pub from the outside and the casual passer-by might well miss it. The bars and restaurant are OK but nothing special. The garden outside is on several levels were you can sit and is beautifully planted out with two water features. The Fromeway has three bedrooms, one double and two twins. Our rooms was modest but satisfactorily as was the bathroom. The biscuits with the coffee and tea were of the highest quality and deserve a mention. The bed was very comfortable. Even although the pub was on a main road it was not particularly noisy during the night.

The breakfast was extremely good and well presented. We had two dinners and one lunch and found the food to be average pub quality.

The host, John, was very friendly and extremely helpful. We were also able to use the garage to store our bikes on the two nights which was very useful. We would definitely stay at this pub again

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Radstock, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2014

phoned with enquiry (admittedly late) about a room due to my house guest suffering with a pet allergy. I was told it was too late and had the phone hung up on me. Shame as I live very close and would always try to support local business first. we have used this before but will not be again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank HungryB77
Timaru, New Zealand
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We had no booking but were offered a twin room by the very friendly proprietor.The room was clean and comfortable if a little small and cramped.Enjoyed a couple of drinks in the bar and asked for a table in the restaurant.We were asked to order our meal while in the bar and were invited into the dining room when our meal was ready.As the waitress served our soup we were told that there had been a change and we now were to have cauli and blue cheese instead of minestrone.The soup proved to be delicious but we thought we should have been told before it was put in front of us.
My husband enjoyed his breakfast but my boiled egg was raw, in fact it was not even warm.I settled for toast and jam.Yes, I could have complained but didnt,as the folk here are genuinely nice people and it was just a slip up.
If I'm ever back this way I would stay again..

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Hillsflat168
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Never stayed here but often pop in for a drink and a meal if passing through the area. Did so again recently and have to report that this little unassuming pub/b&b really excels in the quality food/presentation/friendliness/vfm stakes. With a couple of decent real ales, what more can a person want.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank THATFOODIEMAN
Matamanoa Island, Fiji
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Prebooked my 1 night stay and when I arrived I couldn't be more pleased.
The owner was very welcoming and couldn't do enough for me. Room was clean and had everything in it.
Food was gorgeous and there was plenty of choice and service was excellent.
Would definitely stay here again if in the area and would highly recommend to anyone.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Em N
Southampton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 September 2013

I work in the industry and this small yet fantastic B&B was fantasic, my partner and i came across it by chance whilst adventuring finding anything we could and we couldnt have been more surprised for just £80 B&B we had a fairly large double room, clean, well presented, everything as it should be. breakfast was fantastic aswell. would very highly recommend and stay again!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Toby R
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 July 2013

My partner and I stayed at the Fromeway last Friday night and it was very nice. The owner was very polite and helpful. The room was nice and very clean. The breakfast in the morning was superb and the owner couldn't do enough for us. I woudl definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed in the double room