See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Quintessentially English, utterly Somerset B&B - a special and memorable place to stay… so good, I returned for a second stay the week after the first! In a quiet, pretty, rural location, set in the hills above Wiveliscombe, High Orchard casts a spell – the welcome, open-heartedness of Margaret and John; a charming and characterful farmhouse and gardens; spotless, comfortable bedrooms and bathrooms (I stayed in the single room on the first stay and the double room on second); delectable English breakfasts (Margaret’s home-made sausages and John’s home cured bacon…memorable); the animals – all made these for a very special place to stay. From the first evening at High Orchard - when I opened the window of my room to peek out at the moon rising in the sky at twilight, I watched as the twinkling of houses-lights appeared across the darkening valley and listened to the distant lowing of cows and the bleating of sheep in the fields and realised I bewitched by the place and the people - and have stayed so. Thank you - Margaret and John - from Australia.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank J M
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Margaret and John run this peaceful B+B in the lovely countryside in somerset.
Excellent food, excellent room with a king size bed.
We have stayed here 3 times and always come away relaxed.
There are plenty of local footpaths where you can spot deer.
We will always stay here if they have room.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I am writing this review on behalf of my parents who have just returned from staying at this B & B
Margaret is a very welcoming host for whom nothing is too much trouble. The food is good and wholesome just as we liked it. The room was spacious and the bed very comfortable. We had an excellent stay and would not hesitate to recommend this B & B.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I should have written about this wonderful place a while ago but have been distracted. Anyway, Margaret and John runa beautiful establishment in the gorgeous unspoilt part of West Somerset near Wiveliscombe. We stayed here twice and they unstintingly made our stay a delight. The room was spacious, really clean and relaxing looking over the green landscape. The bathroom was great and the breakfast top grade. All in all one of the real gems that we have uncovered in our forays across the British landscape. I do not usually talk about the poor or nondescript ones but you will notwant to leave. There are a host of wonderful excursions in the neighborhood and your stay will be too short and you will want to come back again. These are great people and to be treasured as real friends as you leave. This people are the best in the business. We will be back.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KEITH F
Reviewed 16 August 2013

This Place is Amazing Margaret is the name that I will always remember, such a warm hearted B&B price was amazing for the stay. Im from portsmouth and this is such a lovely place to stay. Im taking my girlfriend to this place is a few weeks. Im missing this stay, If I was rich i would live here all year round, breakfast was as fresh as it gets. Such a loving couple who take on your needs as a customer. Out of 100 i will rate this place 1,000,000. Thank you so much for this stay. Your not a number here your a person. Thanks Margaret.

Room Tip: Kingsize is amazing :-) Book as many nights as possible because you wouldnt want too leave.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business