See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 September 2015

Very nice b&b. The scenery was beautiful. Very secluded spot. Not good if you need reliable internet or mobile connections. Not easy to find so get clear directions. Very nice owner.Not en suite but did not matter as I was the only person using the bathroom. Room quite small but suitable.

Date of stay: June 2015
Reviewed 14 August 2015 via mobile

We had an excellent stay, Our hosts were lovely and we were greeted with a nice "good morning" every day. Bed was very comfy, breakfast was very good and filling, my only suggestion would be is to maybe have baked beans added. Nothing was too much trouble. Taunton is only 30 minutes drive and there's lots to do and see.

Date of stay: August 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2015

We landed on our feet here - we tried to book in to a Travelodge, late afternoon, but they were full, so sent us here. What a contrast - a beautiful, tranquil location with gorgeous grounds and views. Our hosts were so welcoming that they came to escort us to the house from Wiveliscombe! Great room and good night's sleep followed by a really good breakfast set us up for the day. Would really recommend High Orchard.

Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2015

I stayed here on business. I stayed in a double ensuite bedroom which was charming. Good shower. Furniture is very traditional and comfortable.

The house is secluded, but there are some good pubs nearby which do good food. Margaret is a very good host, and her food is lovely. She was making strawberry jam when I arrived so the house smelt wonderfully welcoming.

I would definitely stay again. Maybe next time I will have time to explore the local area.

Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Quintessentially English, utterly Somerset B&B - a special and memorable place to stay… so good, I returned for a second stay the week after the first! In a quiet, pretty, rural location, set in the hills above Wiveliscombe, High Orchard casts a spell – the welcome, open-heartedness of Margaret and John; a charming and characterful farmhouse and gardens; spotless, comfortable bedrooms and bathrooms (I stayed in the single room on the first stay and the double room on second); delectable English breakfasts (Margaret’s home-made sausages and John’s home cured bacon…memorable); the animals – all made these for a very special place to stay. From the first evening at High Orchard - when I opened the window of my room to peek out at the moon rising in the sky at twilight, I watched as the twinkling of houses-lights appeared across the darkening valley and listened to the distant lowing of cows and the bleating of sheep in the fields and realised I bewitched by the place and the people - and have stayed so. Thank you - Margaret and John - from Australia.

Date of stay: July 2014