“A last minute gem”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Martock
Southampton
“A last minute gem”
Reviewed 3 December 2013 via mobile

I needed a hotel in Martock for work, and this was my second choice on distance, but fate seemed to pair us together! What a superb piece of luck as this is a real gem.

Superb rooms, large space, big sofa, comfy, clean, modern. Very nice big en suite bathrooms on the room.

The restaurant is in another building, but also very good, doing me a superb ribeye steak and the pate was rather special. Good wine list choice and a comfy bar area to relax in.

All I want is somewhere nice an comfy to relax with good good and drink, and this was way above that! I will be back.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Korean first
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Regularly stay at venue for business and cannot fault the venue or staff. Very well priced and high quality food on offer.

On the one off occasion i did have a problem it was sorted out quickly, efficiently and professionally.

Pro's,
- Clean Rooms
- Good Food
- Stock's Guinness
- Take Away Coffee in the morning
- Friendly Staff
- Fitness centre currently being developed

Cons,
- Poor room charge system (No signature or validation necessary) means that i have on occasion encountered false charges on my room. Whilst never argued it is an awkward situation which can be easily prevented by adopting common signature and verification methods.
- Suite rooms means that as they have a small living room you do not get a TV at the end of the bed.
- The incredible tropical creme brulee has never made a return....

Room Tip: Standard doubles, cottage and penthouse are the preferred choice.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank HarleyFortyEight
Exmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

We had our nephews wedding at the Hollies Hotel this summer, and oh my what a wonderful time we all had, there was nothing more the guys at the Hollies could have done, everything was perfect. Most of the families arrived on the friday, we had a fantastic hot buffet and we were able to sit out on the beautiful terrace, the weather was gorgeous, and we had live music.
We were all fairly sensible and went to bed at a reasonable hour, our rooms were beautiful and very comfortable, we had one of the suites and it had the most amazing kitchen and lounge area with patio doors leading out on to the garden, we all sat out and had champagne before the ceremony.
The ceremony was held in the main restaurant area, which had been beautifully laid out and decorated.
The reception was in the large function room, which was also beautifully decorated, the meal was stunning, the staff were amazing, and again couldn't do enough for us, and nothing was too much trouble.
Richard and Tom (the owners) made sure the whole weekend was perfect, (and it truly was) they were fantastic.
Couldn't recommend the Hollies Hotel enough.
I often stay over at the Hollies on business, I always feel very welcome, the atmosphere is relaxed and the food always delightful.
Thank you Richard and Tom for making the whole weekend wonderful.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Brighton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I've never felt the urge to write a review on here and having been a hotel manager myself, I know we can all be too quick to criticise sometimes. Fortunately I couldn't criticise this place even if I tried. I know how difficult it can be to run a large place like this and let me tell you, they have it down to a fine art. The brothers that run the hotel have clearly put their heart and soul (and alot of money) into the place and it really shows. They have some fantastic staff behind them, some of the best I have ever encountered, especially Jess :-). They are a true asset to the establishment and really give the impression that they care for place. The restaurant and bar was absolutely fantastic and the food was beautiful. It had a real cosy feel to it and if one of my bedrooms didn't have a well equipped kitchen inside it, I could have quite happily ate there 2 nights in a row.

Overall the whole stay was brilliant and such superb value at only £90 per night including breakfast. I'd love to return and will probably do so next summer.

Thanks again for such a perfect weekend and I wish you many more years of providing all your lucky future guests with a stay that was as memorable as mine.

Andy.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
West Bromwich
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I was looking for a hotel in the Bower Hinton/Martock area and what a find this hotel was. Firstly I must say that I am a very fussy person and even I could not find a fault in any way with this fine establishment, it is truly perfection personified. The rooms are first class, very clean and really spacious as are the bathrooms too and have every facility for your stay. The food is delightful and full of flavour and the presentation is superb. Both Dinner and Breakfast Menus had a varied choice, with something to suit everyone, even children. There is plenty of parking which is free of charge. You could not find better hotel staff anywhere they are all so friendly and welcoming and give excellent service without being intrusive and that goes for every member of the Hollies Hotel Team. Check in and check out was prompt and very efficient. Everyone at the Hollies Hotel go out of their way to make sure your stay is enjoyable and believe they really exceed themselves.

Now the downside to our one night stay ,for a family function in the area, IT WAS NOT LONG ENOUGH so we will definitely return and will stay longer with the hope of exploring the village of Bower Hinton and surrounding areas, We would thoroughly recommend this fine hotel and its excellent facilities which are very modern and regularly updated to keep up the superb standards. We stay in a lot of hotels both in England and abroad but this one beats most of them.

Room Tip: Standard rooms are fine but we chose to go for a luxury room which are bigger and have larger bathro...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Rated highly on tripadvisor and I can tell you why. I got a great deal for a two night stay by ringing direct. We were unsure of the hotel but went on the back of some reviews. On arriving the resturant building looks great but the hotel is behind this and some views look like old peoples bungalows. Inside is completely different. We had a junior suit. excellent bathroom massive bedroom and a large living area with a 50" tv with Sky and free wifi. The room was very clear and very well decorated. We look out on to some fields which was lovely. No noise very relaxing with great staff. We had dinner in the resturant on the Saturday excellent food and very good value. Overall I was very impressed with this hotel and will be returning. Something to think about if you stay on a Sunday the menu is cut back in the resturant and has little choice but other than that a great place to stay. We were in room 27.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suit it's worth every penny.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Stayed here for one night with my partner on our way back from Cornwall. Warmly greeted & shown to a lovely double en suite room in the purpose built block at the back. Very nice room with beautiful bathroom, lots of facilities (tea/coffee, minibar, iron, Wi-Fi, huge flat screen TV etc)
Had dinner in beautifully decorated old building & was not disappointed. comfortable bar for drinks/coffee & returned to restaurant for a tasty freshly cooked breakfast the next morning. Only glitch was a fire alarm going off at 3 am. Otherwise a great stay & highly recommended!!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Martock
Lanes Hotel
#1 of 2 in Ilchester
Northover Manor Hotel
Northover Manor Hotel
#2 of 2 in Ilchester

Been to The Hollies Hotel? Share your experiences!