The Hollies Hotel
Devonshire Arms(Langport)
US$161
The Ilchester Arms Hotel(Ilchester)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$162
US$151
US$88
Priceline
The Preston Bed & Breakfast(Yeovil)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$68
The George Hotel(Crewkerne)
US$82
US$80
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
The Manor Arms(North Perrott)
TripAdvisor
All reviewspatio doorsbar and restaurantthe cottagespatio areahuge tvjunior suitefull kitchenhot buffetseparate showerexcellent hotelold buildingpatecannot faultwell stocked mini barsitting roomtwo night staylovely setting
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I stayed at the Hollies on Sat Aug 16th with my Step Mum as we going to Buckham Fair the next day. We had booked a twin room back in May, but was dismayed to find we had been put into a double room with a foldaway bed jammed between the desk and the patio doors as there had been a flurry of bookings! We also had to report that neither of the bedside lights were working,apparently a blown fuse that was repaired while we were having dinner. We checked in at
3pm, but no bar or restaurant service was available until 6 although there were tea and coffee etc in the room The tea tray was in the wardrobe on top of the mini bar,but no plug for the kettle so had to plug that in on the bedside table.The bathroom was nice although the shower pressure wasn't, great.As previously written, there are a lot of corridors to negotiate to get from our room-17back to reception or the restaurant,and on checking in had to by pass the cleaner who was hoovering and 3 cleaners trolleys.Dinner was fine, the lamb rump was especially tasty,but the Cornish crab cakes needed a bit more spice, quite dull.Breakfast was also ok, only one choice of juice though.We then went to check out at about 9.30,but no-one on reception.You have to lift the phone receiver to be told to come over the the bar to pay the bill,We were given a reduction of £25 off the room rate,but found the whole experience sadly lacking.We will not be returning

Room Tip: If you book a twin, make sure that is what you get
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank alfgarnettsmissus
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Spent one night here recently and was very impressed. The staff were very friendly when we arrived and throughout our trip, the room was nice, clean, comfortable and quite large if maybe somewhat dated. The restaurant and bar part of the hotel is also great, I had the Fillet Steak and I think it was the best steak I have had outside a specialised steak house.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Have just returned to Arizona after yet another week in the UK. Originally opting to stay in Yeovil, I moved after the first night at a ghastly town center hotel as my usual haunt on the outskirts was fully booked. I was lucky enough to be recommended to this hotel by a colleague at Agusta Westland, and delighted with the hotel. Rooms large and very well appointed. 50" plasma TV, great for the sports channels. Gym was an added bonus at the end of a day sat in meetings, followed by great food, bar and staff. Please don't change anything, I will be returning on business, and have come to realize that a ten minute trip at the end of a day is worth every minute when you consider haw long you will be in an hotel, and I now have a new place to stay.

Room Tip: Stayed in a double room which was perfect. There are several grades above, maybe I will upgrade next time.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank John A
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Stayed one night in a standard double room which is superbly appointed with good quality
fixtures and fittings, 42" plasma tv, minibar and a top quality bathroom with bath and shower. The Hollies also has an excellent fitness suite with brand new modern Life Fitness cardio machines (eliptical cross trainer, exercise bike, 2x treadmill and a rowing machine) all with ipod connectivity and a plasma tv.

Breakfast was excellent with lots of choice from cooked, continental, fruit, juices, pastries etc. All staff are very professional and courteous. I travel to europe regularly with my job staying in four star hotels from the large hotel chains and the Hollies is a match for any of them. It is also very good value for money priced as a three star hotel, but in my opinion with four star service.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We hired two lots of accommodation for the weekend, one being a junior Suite which was absolutely superb, and the other was a Full Apartment at The Hollies Hotel, for the wedding of our daughter was getting married nearby in Muchelney on the Saturday. The apartment was open plan and very spacious, large enough for the bride, two bridesmaids and the mother of the bride to get ready, along with a make up artist, a hairdresser, the photographer and eventually the father of the bride, nobody felt claustrophobic or tripped over each other. It was pristine and beautifully decorated throughout with everything you could want, there was a large flat screen TV in the lounge area with wonderfully soft leather sofas. There were two large double bedrooms both with their own en suites.
The staff were all very pleasant and extremely accommodating, the food divine, I asked for breakfast to be served in the room as we would be getting ready for the wedding from early in the morning. Nothing was too much trouble for them, breakfast was brought along the evening before and laid out beautifully.
I can recommend The Hollies Hotel very highly, we had several wedding guests staying there as well, and all were very impressed. We would definitely stay again, and definitely eat at the restaurant.

Room Tip: Look at the rooms on line and you won't be disappointed. They are all very light and airy. It was a very hot weekend but the rooms were cool with plenty ventilation.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family