We were warmly welcomed at the ' George and Dragon' - I recognised the landlord from when he had previously been at a public house in Ravenstonedale - I had also stayed at that establishment as well. The room we had for three people was a family room - a double bed and a bunkbed. I had eaten earlier in the day at a pub further up the valley but joined one of my friends who was having a meal at the 'George and Dragon' for an evening feed. My friend had the triple Cumberland Sausage and mash that looked very good - I had a bowl of Leek and Potato soup which was served with a lovely mini 'Hovis' type loaf! The soup and bread were first class. Breakfast in the morning was of a high quality - just what was need for the hard slog of the day over to Bramaskew.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The George and Dragon, Dent, is a rural pub, with 10 en-suite bedrooms. We offer a range of beers for our local Dent Brewery alongside nitro-keg and bottled lagers, ciders and bitters Situated in the Yorkshire Dales National Park and just within the border of Cumbria, we are a great base for walking. We offer food daily (noon-2pm and 6pm-8:30pm) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LateRooms so you can book your The George and Dragon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The George And Dragon Hotel Dent
- The George And Dragon Dent, Cumbria