“Top Notch Pub”
Review of The Diamond Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ponteland
The Diamond Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Ponteland B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

We stopped at this inn on the journey home from a long road trip. We were haggard and hungry upon arrival, but were soon seen to by the lovely staff.

The food was excellent. The service was fast and friendly. We couldn't have asked for a better place to stop for a nice rest. The atmosphere was brilliant.

• Stayed: October 2013

Reviewed 18 October 2013

The heart of Ponteland in many ways. I never used to be a 'regular' in a pub until recently. I live in the village and find that the atmosphere is good, the bar is efficient and friendly, they have things happening on a regular basis during the week and it's a pleasant busy pub. When I have business folk visiting they often stay there and are always happy. I have had Sunday lunch many times, good service good food.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I was with my Mum and stepdad one sunday on a random trip out the house hoping to have a nice sunday dinner before we headed home. My mum has Terminal cancer of the bone and due to chemopherapy she has a very small appetite, so when one rare occasions she is well enough to go out for meals she only eats a small portion. We sat down at a table and looked at the menu, mum said she would have a childs sunday dinner as it was the right portion size for her. When we placed our orders we were told by the bar lady that we could not order a childs meal as they are for under 12s only. We explained my mothers circumstances but after checking with the manager we were still refused. So we got up and left! I think it is utterly disgusting that my other was not alowed a childs portion, I can understand about an age restriction but if we are ordering a childs portion the person is still receiving the same amount of food regardless of their age. My mum was left very embaressed and saddened by this and I vowed never to step foot in the place again. I just wanted to share my experience so that people know that your establishment discriminates against cancer patients and unlike every other restaurant we have been in does not try there very best to make it comfortable for the person that is very all. Absolutely disgusting!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
11  Thank Kirstie F
Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed to meet family for sad business, rooms spacious, spotless and resident butterflies! Breakfast superb, didn't eat in pub in evening, my cousins & I went out. :-D breakfast not too much, nor to little either. V nice, want to go back. NOW!!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank DivingFrog
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Very good value for money good friendly helpful service. Rooms newly refurbished to a very good standard excellent en suite Freshly cooked breakfast served in the Inn We were at a family event returning about 11 and Inn very busy and noisy but by 12 all quiet and had good night's sleep

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 July 2013

If your looking for fantastic, obviously home cooked meals and a pub with a great welcoming atmosphere, then look no further than the Diamond Inn. As a family we have dined here several times recently and really cannot fault the food, service or staff everyone is lovely and it is a true gem in the heart of the village. Unfortunately not many traditional well run pubs (that welcome both kids and dogs) left. Well worth a visit.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2013

My partner and I stayed at the The Diamond for a weekend for a change of scene, the service was excellent from the minute we arrived, nothing was too much trouble. A pub with a real atmosphere and character. The room was of a very good standard.There are variety of resaurants within close walking distance but the pub food is excellent quality and very friendly service.Would definitley stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ponteland
Britannia Hotel Newcastle Airport
Britannia Hotel Newcastle Airpor...
#70 of 84 in Newcastle upon Tyne
Horton Grange Country House Hotel
Catch Seafood Ponteland Rooms

Been to The Diamond Inn? Share your experiences!