“A good Italian”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I used this restaurant when on business, having been before. It is in an unusual location being above a Sainsburys, but at least this provides good parking. The restaurant is clean, with friendly, attentive staff. There is a good menu which covers all prices. While the food was good, I felt the portions were on the small side. I had a pasta dish which was tasty, but the portion was more of a lunchtime size than evening dinner. The same applied to one of my companions, however those who had pizza got far better value. Portion-complaint aside, it is clear this is a popular restaurant as it was very busy on a Monday evening, and I would use it again.

2  Thank probbo

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

I went to this restaurant last night with my cousin and god daughter who were visiting from Essex. We had pizzas and I had the 4 cheese which was honestly the best pizza I have ever had. The service was fantastic, the waiter and waitresses were attentive and very friendly. I loved this restaurant and can't wait to return! Quite reasonable also for what we had! Definitely recommend

2  Thank Claire D
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

After reading all the reviews we thought we'd try it for an anniversary meal whilst staying in Ponteland. We ordered the antipasto misto starter to share which was quite tasty and well-presented. We then ordered the pork belly and peppercorn sauce and a pizza. The peppercorn sauce is clearly not homemade, which I don't understand, therefore ruined the dish and had congealed by the time it got to me. I had read a previous review which mentioned the bought-in peppercorn sauce but naively though the restaurant may have taken the critique on board! The pizza was ok but my husband left a good portion of it which is unlike him.
My only other observation were the coffees. Husbands cappuccino looked very well made yet my French coffee was topped with a heavy dollop of whipped cream and not the expected double cream floating on top.
The atmosphere and staff are fantastic and I may return with my family for another go at some point and if they made some small improvements they could be really decent.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

My hotel had a long wait with only half of the tables being used. Thank goodness because I found this great restaurant. It is very close to the airport where I was staying. The selection was good and the waiter was nice and friendly. The atmosphere was a mixture of family and club, unique but it worked very well. I will be going back if I make it back to this part of England!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Lovely restaurant with lovely staff. Nothing is to much trouble. Different types of seating and areas to sit in. The food is good and well priced. Great for couples, family's and business. Great wine selection.