Stopped on our way back down from the far far north of Scotland to break up the journey and wanted to do something special.... We weren't disappointed! From the check in nothing was too much trouble, room huge, dinner excellent and a peaceful nights sleep!! Breakfast was great the next morning, extremely filling and no herb sausages anymore (guess they do listen) great start to the day.... We shall return! Well done to the team a at Horton Grange!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Visitors are immediately captivated by the distinctive mix of traditional and contemporary decor on offer at Horton Grange. Real fires, fresh flowers and antique furnishings blend with the conservatory dining room to create a relaxed atmosphere. Sympathetic furnishings compliment the traditional character of both the cosy bar and the light airy restaurant, overlooking the Japanese Garden. The Hotel is located just 15 minutes from the centre of bustling Newcastle and is one of the closest hotels for Newcastle Airport (4 miles).Enjoy the relaxing ambience of the bar with an extensive range of wines. The bar always has a warm, friendly atmosphere which is emphasised by the large open fire place. You will certainly appreciate the modern feel to the room, especially the large 42" plasma screen which hangs above the fireplace often displaying a virtual open log fire - filling the room with a warm and satisfying glow. The large bay windows look over the gardens which are fantastic to view by day or night.The lounge is one of the largest rooms in the hotel and is filled with a plentiful supply of elegant sofas and chairs making it the perfect place to stop and enjoy the quiet of the countryside over a cup of tea or fresh coffee. This room boasts two open fire places, one at either end and soaks up the sunlight from the many surrounding windows and is a particular favourite with the guests who have just finished dining and want somewhere peaceful to chat and relax before bed.The restaurant is a light and airy modern room overlooking the garden. The restaurant is well known for its fine cuisine and excellent menu. Only a visit will allow anyone to truly appreciate the food and drink on offer. Chef, using the very best fresh local produce, presides over an imaginative "modern classic" menu with a range of exciting dishes to suit all tastes.Five of the bedrooms are located in the main house with the other four having been tastefully created in the stables opposite the main entrance to the hotel. All bedrooms are beautifully decorated rooms with classical antique furnishings throughout. Rooms include a colour T.V. and large en-suite bathroom and many overlook the gardens. The Alnwick bedroom is a spacious room with classical antique furnishings throughout, situated at the rear of the hotel overlooking the Japanese garden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Horton Grange Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Horton Grange Hotel Ponteland
- Horton Grange Country House Hotel Ponteland, Northumberland