“Excellent”

Cuisines: Asian, Indian, Bangladeshi
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Our take away order was excellent...tasted lovely and value for money was great!! The staff are very welcoming and friendly.

1  Thank Lucyb26

Reviewed 29 May 2014

First visit to The Bear since it has changed from a pub to a restaurant. What a transformation. It has been decorated in a contemporary style throughout. As you walk through the door you are greeted with a very warm welcome which is genuine and not false. It was 7.00 pm on a Wednesday night and the restaurant was full. They only have about 7 tables so I think in future you might have to start booking. The menu is very varied with lots of dishes I have never seen before. I chose the Fish Molly as I wanted to try something new and was not disappointed. My daughter had a chicken Bhuna and said this was delicious as well. They do not hold a drinks licence but you can take your own alcohol with no corkage charge. There are varying different types of offers on the food and I cant wait to try the Sunday buffet for £13.95 a person. I cant wait to go back again. There was a nice touch on leaving we were handed a red rose each

2  Thank suzy311
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We enjoyed a lovely Indian meal on the first night of the Bengal Bear. The team have converted the old Bear at Box pub really well and the food was superb and the staff amazingly friendly. It's BYOB which is nice as well.

1  Thank monsterings
Reviewed 16 April 2014

This public house closed down a few months ago, the usual sign of the times. However, when we did visit the food was always good quality and the patron and staff very friendly. I hope they have all gone on to better opportunities and wish them all luck in their new venture.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

Called in for just a cheeky beer with my wife. Decided to just have a sandwich as lunch time. Excellent, as not the usual, cheap sandwich, but full and well prepared. very good.