“1st visit”

Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Box
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 August 2014

1st but definately not the last visit for us. A great place to meet friends with a wonderful view from our table and some excellent food on the menu.The staff were attentive and the speed of service was good considering the restaurant was full.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

We visited this pub 3 times recently while staying in Box. All meals were lovely. Can really recommend the dressed Dorset crab salad.Had this twice.!!!

1  Thank Carolyn G
Reviewed 30 July 2014

When my mum used to live in the area she used to come to this pub all of the time (about 25 odd years ago) and recently she remembered how good it used to be and when we were visiting the area we decided to give it a go.

And it was amazing.

Even though it was quiet busy, it didn't give off the feeling of being overcrowded and the atmosphere was lovely and very happy. The décor is wonderful and the staff are very happy to help and wonderful people. I would suggest booking in advance as it can be busy, although they have always seemed happy to accommodate anyone. I love the fact dogs are allowed as its a nice pub and it would be a shame for dog owners to miss out on this one. Although we couldn't take our dog in because he is the antisocial sort of dog, if we had a dog who was calmer around strangers I know for sure we would have taken him in.

The food is amazing, I had the steak burger and it was honestly the best burger I have ever had, words cannot describe on here how divine it is. So I suggest you go and try it!

If your still debating whether or not to go to this place, I suggest you take a leap and go and have a lovely meal here, I mean what is there to loose? And even if you decide its not for you, you can always just stand outside and look at the amazing views, and if you don't like spectacular views, what are you doing in the countryside??

I hope this inspires you to visit this pub and you enjoy it as much as I do!

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Always look forward to dinner and a drink here. Really good with dogs as well. Views are amazing. Really good range of fresh fish dishes.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I have recently moved to the area and I have been recommended the views of this pub. My boyfriend and I paid a visit in may for a drink and we ended up eating, since then we have become regulars. The roast Lamb is to die for and we cannot recommend the pub enough. We have brought family members up with us on Sundays to which have all complimented the food, I have even recommended this pub to my family back home in London for when they come and visit. We have NEVER been disappointed. Staff are always happy to fit us in and have recently saved us a roast dinner for our arrival. You do not get much better than that! We have even had an evening meal which was beautiful! I can not recommend this pub enough. As for the awful review below I think its an absolute disgrace what you have wrote. You should be embarrassed! keep up the amazing work quarrymans! I look forward to my next visit as always.

2  Thank NSM1992