“Our Amazing Wedding!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ashbourne Hotel
Lincolnshire
“Our Amazing Wedding!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

Well where do we start???? When we stumbled across the Ashbourne around 18 months ago we knew this was where we would get married. The whole place is stunning from the pretty courtyards, to the beautiful Oakroom and the fabulous bedrooms. It was everything we would want from a wedding venue.
Then we met Rob Walton, the wedding co-ordinator at the Ashbourne, and that sealed the deal. In our numerous meetings with Rob in the run up to the wedding nothing was too much trouble for him whether it was changing the menus to what we wanted or making sure we could squeeze in the number of guests we wanted to invite, he couldn't do enough for us.
We visited a number of times prior to our big day, taking friends and family to dine with us and each and every time they all commented on the friendly relaxed atmosphere, the great quality food and fantastic value for money. We also stayed overnight and were very impressed with the rooms, so spacious, clean and comfortable with all the added extras you would expect from a 4* boutique hotel but without the price-tag! The breakfast was fantastic too!
When the time finally came for us to tie the knot as soon as we arrived at the Asbourne, Rob took everything out of our hands which allowed us to relax and enjoy the day. Any nerves were soon put at ease. Everything ran so smoothly and without a hitch. The food was beautiful and our glasses were never empty (thanks again Rob!). Day soon turned into night, we had the DJ recommended by the hotel which was great and also a band that we chose and the hotel had no problem accommodating them. The BBQ buffet for the evening reception was beautiful, with Rob even bringing a plate of food to my husband when he noticed he hadn't yet been up and didn't want him to miss out. First class service!
There was not one thing that we requested that we were told no we couldn't do. The day truly is YOURS at the Ashbourne. Every guest at our wedding said what a fantastic day it was due to the formal yet relaxed atmosphere. The day truly captured what we, as a couple, are about, not just 'another wedding'.
That was 8 weeks ago, today is my birthday and there was no contest of where we would eat, it had to be the Asbourne. When we walked through the door Rob greeted us like old friends and this proved to us even more that this place will be in our hearts forever.
Once again massive thanks to you Rob, as well as Andrew and the rest of your staff. We look forward to seeing you again very soon x

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Andrew S, General Manager at Ashbourne Hotel, responded to this review, 17 August 2013
Can I just say thank you for your review of your wedding day at the Ashbourne Hotel, it's always great to read that we have been able live up to the expectations of the Bride & Groom on their wedding day, I will make sure all of the staff are aware of your comment

very many thanks

Andrew

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Grimsby, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

My daughter Sara married Luke on friday at the Ashbourne Hotel. How proud the Oak Ridge Group must be of this hotel. Every member of staff go above and beyond their duties with all their guests, anything requested was dealt with straight away with a smile. We all had a marvellous day and evening there with much fun and laughter. The rooms guests sayed in were A class, clean and comfortable. The chef and the team provided a delicious wedding breakfast also providing for children and vegetarians with a choice. Last, but by no means least Rob the wedding co - ordinator, I think this man was put on this earth to organise weddings! He is second to none from the minute the wedding was booked. From the time of arrival the night before he was Sara's rock going out of his way to make sure they had the wedding of their dreams and they did!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Very many thanks for all of your kind comments about the hotel and the staff, it's good to know that your daughters wedding went as well as you had hoped, I have passed on your comments to Rob and the rest of the team

very best regards

Grimsby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

Its taken me a long time to get round to this review but i must say this venue is worth every second !! We shared our happy day at the Ashbourne Hotel back in 2011 - the staff were out of this world, we couldnt fault them for anything!!

The Venue is perfect, would reccommend to anyone looking for a wedding location!!

Food 5**
Service 5**

Best day of our lives we will never forget it.....

Thanks to all the Staff Especially Rob....

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Many thanks for your kind review, it's good to read that you enjoyed your day so much

many thanks

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

I had my wedding reception at the Ashbourne & unlike most hotels we got exactly everything we wanted, my 'now' husband is a fussy eater along with his best man & wanted a meat feast pizza for his wedding breakfast. Everywhere else said they can't as it is not on the menu. We asked Rob & his words where 'it's your day you can have what you like'.. Whenever I emailed or called Rob he got back to me straight away. He also had some fab ideas which we used for the day. He is amazin at his job and he couldn't have made it more perfect if he tried! All the staff rushed about making sure noones drink was empty. We had a four course meal with 80 guests and everyone commented on how delicious the food was! If I was to do it all over again I would choose the Ashbourne with no doubt what so ever, we had no problems. Rob really did make our day as perfect and special as we wanted.
Mr & Mrs Campbell

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Very many thanks for the review of your wedding day, it's great to know that everything was just as you wanted, I have passed on your comments to Rob

Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

WOW!!! what a perfect day.... i couldnt of asked for a better wedding venue! this ticked all the boxes for us and knew as soon as we went to view the ashbourne this was the place we wanted to get married.
On the run up to the wedding Rob and all the staff were so helpful!
I arrived the thursday with my bridesmaids and mum, we were well and truly looked after, food drink and rooms were amazing!
Rob is a credit to the Ashbourne and i beleive he exceeds expectations. He made me feel at ease and took a huge weight off my shoulders as he had everything covered.
No job to big or small!
All of our guests were so impressed with the venue, service, food, drink and how relaxed the day was. The day flowed perfect.
We have stayed a few times at the hotel. We will be returning to catch up with the staff.
I 100% would recommend this hotel for either a meal, wedding venue or a nights stay.

Room Tip: Recomened the four poster room for a romantic night
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Andrew S, General Manager at Ashbourne Hotel, responded to this review, 20 July 2013
Thank you very much for all of your comments about your wedding day, it's great to read that you enjoyed your wedding day so much, and that you felt that the planning of your day was made esier by Rob and the team.

I have passed on your thanks to all of the team.

very many thanks

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

I stayed at the Ashbourne for 2 nights in June, a Thursday and a Friday for my best friends wedding. The Thursday was the night before the wedding- all the staff were friendly and extremely helpful to the bridal party we had a table reserved in the restaurant for the evening, I have eaten here before in the run up to the wedding and the food is always wonderful, this night did not disappoint.
I stayed in the bridal suite with the bride the first night the room was beautiful- jacuzzi bath, 4 poster bed what more could you ask for? In the morning arrangements were made for all the breakfasts for the bride, bridesmaids and mother of the bride to be brought to the room- again the same high quality as the evening before.
The wedding was wonderful, with everything running smoothly and to plan. The food for both the day and evening again lovely.
The Friday evening I stayed in a standard room, this too was lovely with everything that you need- very comfortable bed, clean bathroom with toiletries in and again well decorated. All in all I had a wonderful 2 night stay at the Ashbourne and would recommend to anyone. The wedding was wonderful and being part of the bridal party I saw how helpful the staff had been to the bride in the run up to the wedding , and how making sure her big day was special was as important to them as it was her.

• Stayed June 2013
Good Afternoon

Many thanks for all of your kind comments in your recent review, I have passed on your comments to all of the staff, I know it gives them a lift when they receive positive reviews such as yours

once again many thanks

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

I am now into my second year of business I the area, and of staying at the Ashbourne. I find the staff, in particular, Andrew , Rob, Amanda and Harriet all very friendly and helpful, and who could forget Sally, who keeps everyone on their toes. My business takes me to many locations on the UK and beyond, and without doubt the Ashbourne makes a great benchmark for quality, standards and value for money. Ashley, your team are a great credit to you, keep up the good work.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Can I just say very many thanks for your recent review of your experience at the Ashbourne Hotel over that year or so, it is always great to read that guests of the hotel have enjoyed their stay with us, I will make sure all of the team are aware of your comments

many thanks

#1 of 1 in Healing
The Burlington Hotel
The Burlington Hotel
#1 of 9 in Cleethorpes

Been to Ashbourne Hotel? Share your experiences!