“Rude, unprofessional and arrogant”

The Black Horse Restaurant & Bar
Price range: US$9 - US$32
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Appleby Magna in Leicestershire, is listed in the Domesday book. In the heart of this picturesque village lies a lovingly restored 16th century grade II listed building, The Black Horse. The Black Horse is a very friendly welcoming pub that serves excellent food which is locally sourced, fresh fish is delivered daily. We have two comfortable dining rooms that can be hired for special occasions. they are perfect for family gatherings and small parties in a warm atmosphere.
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Also booked online last week for Friday 8th. Rang and told no food available. If it wasn't for previous review, we'd have turned up and been disappointed.

No way to run a business.

1  Thank Angel9

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

I booked online via The Black Horse's website for a Sunday meal with my family. When we got there, the barmaid informed me that the venue was under new management and there was no food! Why accept website bookings for food when you have none? I wasn't offered anything in compensation for my inconvenience. Very annoying.

1  Thank ngh1985
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Just happened to drop into an attractive country pub for lunch on Sunday on our way home from a trip and got a wonderful surprise. A quaint pub with very helpful and well mannered staff and although the menu was limited it catered for our requirements for a Sunday lunch. Food was tasty and the portions were good, The lamb was good but the vegetables were excellent and not 'cooked to death' as happens often when eating Sunday lunch out. My wife had the chicken which was breast meat, which was quite bland but as it was off the bone.
Beer was good and I wished I could have had more than my half pint! All together an enjoyable experience.

Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Walked in asked if the restaurant was open. Told no then we were ignored by the staff.

Rude people, clearly don't need the trade.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We had our first meal at this excellent country pub two days ago. The menu is quite upmarket, plenty of choice for our relatives who do not eat meat, and we enjoyed the whole experience.

Service was pleasant if a little slow, and the food was extremely good and well-presented. I imagine it is best to book your table beforehand, the dining room was quite small.

We will be back!!