All reviewsa popular placepub foodwaitress servicelonger journeytwycross zootype foodplenty of parkinggenerous portionsnice sizelarge car parkfamily gatheringflat screen tvincluded breakfasthotel with nice roomscheck in was quickthe wi fiexcellent value for money
Reviewed 14 November 2017

Stayed for only one night en route to the NEC.
Our room was excellent and quite large. The bathroom was brand new. The Inn sits in a large area with plentiful car-parking. The grounds were very neat and tidy and it would appear that it is in the process of re-decoration in and out. Breakfast was an very good Full English with copious amounts of tea or coffee. The cost of our stay including breakfast being a very reasonable £64.00.
It doesn't have a lift and the stairs to the bedrooms on first floor are rather steep.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

20 minuets from NEC. Nice hotel, friendly staff. We had our evening meal in the hotel and it was amazing. Breakfast was nice but hotel should have the continental section as help yourself to make it easier.
The hotel is dated but very clean and our room had a little living area, very good. Would recommend if you are not bothered about decor.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

I stayed here the night of my nieces wedding. I rang beforehand to see if I could check in earlier as I didn’t want to travel in my wedding outfit. The manager explained the hotel was full the night before but would try and clean our room asap so we could check in early. Thank you so much Appleby Inn not only did you get my room ready but everybody’s in my group. The hotel was lovely and warm beds really comfy the room was exceptionally clean and breakfast was to order and excellent food and service. If i’m ever this way again I would definitely stop here again. Thanks again team for a lovely stay. Only about a mile from twycross zoo.

Stayed: October 2017
Reviewed 31 October 2017

Stayed here for one night while attending a wedding reception nearby. The hotel was clean and tidy. Staff were friendly and welcoming. Breakfast was nice, however I would have preferred a self service option with juices and cereal. A glass of juice was already out on the table and you had to order cereal via waitress service. We were shown to our room but found it rather noisy as it was right next to the kitchen so when we asked to be moved the staff were very accomodating. We did not get chance to eat in the restaurant but it seemed to get rather busy in the evening.

Room Tip: Would avoid Room 24 as you get noise from the kitchen area.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2017

I regularly visit the Applebee Inn. The main reasons for this are the price, friendly staff and good food.

The rooms are adequate for the price and beds are comfortable, the rooms themselves are very tidy.

Dinner is great, big portions and well priced, breakfast is also great!

The staff are very welcoming and accommodating.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo