“Glad we stayed here instead of Margate”

Premier Inn Ramsgate (Manston Airport) Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Minster
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We decided to stay at this Premier Inn instead of one of the over-priced seafront Margate hotels, I'm so glad we did. We were attending a 50th birthday party in a Margate hotel and even with the cost of a taxi both ways added to the cost of the hotel proved far cheaper than staying in Margate itself. Our Premier Inn cost £37, a bargain, it was spotlessly clean, quiet with very helpful and friendly staff. The taxi cost £9.50 one-way to Margate seafront, the number was given to us by the receptionist at the Premier, Minster Cars a local company.

Although the rooms are air-conditioned, it is not possible to open the bedroom windows, this was our only criticism of an otherwise pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Check the air con in your room is working effectively.
3  Thank elaineandgary

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Extremely friendly welcome and pleasant looking hotel . The room was attractive with good lighting and facilities. The position of the hotel is well situated for the Margate, Broadstairs and Ramsgate area.The room was quite with no interuptions from noisey neighbours. The proximity to Mac Donalds was good and a small supermarket in the petrol station. Overall a very good stay. I would definitely recommend this Hotel

3  Thank Alistair M
Reviewed 12 April 2014

For a budget hotel this is one of the best. Staff friendly and helpful, room spotlessly clean, food good at adjoining inn, and all for a very reasonable price.! Would definitely recommend this hotel!!

3  Thank Lynda T
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I last stayed at the Premier Inn Ramsgate (Smugglers Retreat) 23rd December and I wrote that it had improved....well....it has slipped back in certain areas which is such a shame. I arrived on the 4th of April for a three night stay and was welcomed at reception by Karen who was wonderful and couldn't have been more helpful. When I booked I was asked if Premier could do anything to make my stay more comfortable and I asked for a room on the ground floor which I got,fantastic, however, on entering the room although it was very clean there were coffee stains on one of the walls but nothing untoward. It is annoying that one cannot open the window to let in fresh air and to keep the room cool so one has to put up with the air conditioning running noises which does tend to become tedious. There also is a problem with the water pipes as they rattle/knock when in use and not only can one hear the room you are in you can hear those rooms around you, other than that it was up to the usual clean/comfortable standard.

The adjoining restaurant is a Table Table, which I understand is also part of the Whitbread group, still leaves a lot to be desired, the breakfast consists of Rubberised eggs, hash browns like leather, tasteless sausages, mushrooms which seemed to have been boiled in rancid butter and baked beans that are very sweet as if they have had sugar added to them. The coffee is either a very cheap brand or has been made by someone who hasn't got a clue and used to much water. It was a different kettle of fish in the evening however when we were greeted by Dana who, like Karen, was amazing, this is the second time she has been our host and once again she made our evening a real pleasure. The food was good and I have to say my steak was not only extremely tasty but was cooked to perfection, there are just two little problems, 1) The chips were cold, soggy and really inedible. 2). It would be wonderful if they offered cheese and biscuits on the dessert menu. For once the bar had all the beers advertised on tap and the ones I tried were spot on.
All in all we had a good time and the food was good, when we left in the morning the receptionist (whose name I stupidly did not make a note of) asked if all was well and when I mentioned the coffee stains and the noisy pipes was extremely apologetic and insisted on reimbursing me for one of the nights as an apology. Hope they keep up the good work, I for one will be going back

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Colin M
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Despite a nearby 'A' road the hotel is nice and quiet, especially if you ask for a room at the back overlooking fields. Staff were very friendly and helpful, but the best thing about this hotel is the 'soft close' doors on all of the rooms.
Rooms were very clean and of the high standard that you would expect from Premier Inn. I would definitely stay there again.

3  Thank David R
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Always good to stay in and the Ramsgate, Minster, one is very new and nice.
There is a good restaurant and across the road an allnight McD's and Co-op. Very quiet rooms and the comfort you expect from Premier Inns. Handy for Manston Airport too. Room a bit hot but found a way to cool it down.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Carolyn J
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights as we were going to a wedding on the friday so stayed thursday and friday night, I could not really fault it at all, the staff were absolutely lovely especially in the restaurant/ bar. The rooms were very comfortable and practical so I would recommend it without any hesitation. We were so pleased that we have booked into the Premier at Fosse Park Leicester as we are going to my sisters birthday party in April, lets hope we get the same friendly service there.

Michael Nicholls

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank mikey91
Also consider these accommodations in or near Minster
Holiday Inn Express, Ramsgate - Minster
Albion House Ramsgate Hotel
Pegwell Bay Hotel
Pegwell Bay Hotel
#2 of 10 in Ramsgate

Been to Premier Inn Ramsgate (Manston Airport) Hotel? Share your experiences!