I'll start by saying that I stayed as part of a group of 5 at this hotel in September 2013.
We had a few issues whilst we were there, but they were dealt with well and I'd put this hotel at 3.5 stars.
The hotel was well located for a wedding down the road at Quex House. It had ample parking, was situated right opposite a pub and a McDonalds and despite the quite dreary outside of the building, the inside reception area was modern and welcoming.
The staff were friendly and helpful. However, we had been told we could arrive an hour earlier to change for the nearby wedding. When we arrived we were told we could, but it was a £20 early check-in fee. Considering a whole night room rate was £45, I thought £20 for an hour was pretty extortionate!
There is a barrier to get in and out of the car park. Apparently you need a token to get out - only when we went to find out about this, after no-one answering our calls at the barrier buzzer, the reception was empty?
The room was exactly what you'd expect and hope. A good, comfortable bed. A television, storage space, kettle and a bathroom with shower only. I was pleased with the room - it was modern, warm, inviting and although basic, exactly what you'd want and need for £45 a night.
We had a pretty good nights sleep, although it was cut short by the cleaners deciding to hoover outside our door at 7:30 - 7:45. This was annoying and very unwelcome! I like the hotel to be kept clean, but there is a time and a place.
The breakfast is help yourself with sausages, beans, toast, pastries and juices/coffee/tea available. Overall, it was basic and not your 'premium local sausages', but it really hit the spot in the morning. I thought this was a bit highlight, because it's unusual and easy for the hotel. Full marks to them!
The issues mentioned above were raised with the hotel manager and I have to say, I was extremely pleased with how they were dealt with.
I've informed the barrier is going to be removed and the other matters dealt with.
I've got some real positives about this hotel. It's clean, warm and comfortable. And lets face it, that's what you want from a hotel. There are just a few issues to iron out and this becomes a really competitive local hotel.
Would I stay again? In a word: yes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- East Kent's Award winning Hotel. Serving Thanet with 105 contemporary en-suite bedrooms, 3 conference suites and Bar and Restaurant. Located on the site of the Prospect Inn featured in many WWII films. The Place to "Meet, Eat and Sleep" in 2011. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express, Ramsgate - Minster reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express, Ramsgate - Minster Hotel Ramsgate
- Holiday Inn Ramsgate
- Ramsgate Holiday Inn Express
- Holiday Inn Express, Ramsgate - Minster Kent