Lowest prices for your stay
Fully refundable before Sat, 27 Apr
M J
Reading, United Kingdom
Nice Gem
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 30 Oct 2022
Lovely room. Very clean and quiet room and public spaces.
The staff were lovely. Well maintained. Nice location.
Ian at the reception was great. Sunday receptionist was also friendly. Breakfast included on rate.
Date of stay: October 2022Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3.0 miles from Holiday Inn Express Ramsgate - Minster, an IHG Hotel
    £95
3.5 miles from Holiday Inn Express Ramsgate - Minster, an IHG Hotel
View more hotels in Minster
All reviews scrambled eggs across the road baked beans yogurt the ground floor night's sleep car park kent thanet pub
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 October 2022

Loved this stay! I didn't notice the staff member's name, but the welcome I received was so genuinely warm and friendly, I instantly felt at home - it was the lady working the afternoon/evening of Saturday 8 October. Sometimes staff really make a hotel feel special, and that's definitely the case here.

Nothing else is lacking though - the room was bright and clean, and the bed was so comfortable! It was very quiet even though I was on the ground floor. I got woken up by my alarm clock at 8am - I never normally sleep through until then, so I was delighted I'd had the best night's sleep in ages!

Breakfast was fantastic for a Holiday Inn Express - bacon (perfectly cooked - thanks to the chef!), sausages (also well cooked, yum!), scrambled egg and beans, plus cereals, juice, croissants, toast, yoghurt, fruit... The staff were working really hard to keep everything clean and well stocked.

I'd driven down from Ipswich, and thought the location was an excellent base for visiting friends nearby and exploring surrounding areas. Will definitely stay here again next time I'm visiting the area.

Date of stay: October 2022
Trip type: Travelled solo
David Otteson, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Ramsgate - Minster, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2022

Dear E16guy
We all look forward to seeing you again
Best wishes

Reviewed 6 August 2022 via mobile

Stayed at the holiday inn express which I found very good.
Just a quick mention on breakfast, a lady named Susan was very nice and friendly to my daughter which made our experience a very pleasant lasting impression.
Just to add the breakfast and room rate was very reasonable!
Well done and I’ll be back!!

Date of stay: August 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Emily
I will pass on your review to Sue.
Best wishes

Reviewed 28 May 2022 via mobile

Stayed three nights
The bad bits: bed is hard, constant white noise as the bathroom fan would not turn off. Toilet cistern leaking and continually refilling. Air con noisy.
Good bits. Facilities are clean and fresh, staff friendly and very helpful. Breakfast is very good and plenty to choose from.
I did report the above and staff were apologetic.

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
David Otteson, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Ramsgate - Minster, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2022

Dear Fatbobsfriend2017
I was very sorry to hear of your discomfort and thank you for letting us know.
My very best wishes

Reviewed 14 May 2022 via mobile

Everything done well.

It’s a lovely Art Deco building, grade II listed. Worth taking the time to appreciate - this detail is easily missed as you come and go
from the car park.

Door surrounds, archways, fireplaces all have distinctive designs that have been preserved. There is a nice wavy wall that appears in 1938 photos of the site. The old pub name is still visible on the roof.

The hotel itself is budget - it’s all done well. Rooms clean, hot water plentiful and powerful. Comfortable and relaxing.

The hard-working staff are very pleasant and do provide a good place to stay.

Good location next to a garage with a small supermarket and fast food places. Town nearby.

I’d recommend this hotel for a stay if you’re in this area looking for cleanliness, comfort and value for money.

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank BiscuitJoint

Dear Biscuit
Thank you for your lovey feedback.
we all look forward to your next visit. Best wishes

Reviewed 2 May 2022

This was a short trip to Thanet, Kent. Our party was me, husband and friend. On checking in, staff informed us we had one double and a room for disabled guests (accessible I think the hotel's word was). This accessible room was not needed as we don't have disabilities - it was ordered by the booking company (not Holiday Inn direct) for some reason. Anyway, it had a wet room with all facilities and the staff were happy we were occupying and we said we agreed. Unfortunately the wet room smelt awful - a bit like sewage. The room was also cold (air conditioning not too good and very loud) so staff were happy to supply us with a portable radiator which warmed the room up very well. The smell in the bathroom was intermittent but the third morning it was bad so we complained and the maintenance man (unable to remember name) was more than helpful - he found a leakage behind the cistern so staff moved us to a "normal" room on the next floor. The little radiator followed us upstairs too!

Regarding meals: breakfast was completely self-service which is ok but hot food comprised of scrambled egg, bacon, sausages and baked beans only. On requesting a fried egg, the reply came that "we don't do them". How about being able to offer "fried eggs available on request"? We decided to have dinner there one evening. No need to book a table, just walk in. We'd decided on our meal choices the night before. However, two starters plus one main course we had decided on were not available (groan)! Waitress/receptionist suggested a pub restaurant across the road and so we duly left the hotel and crossed the road and ate there.

Whilst sitting in the lounge/reception area I was astounded to see pizzas being brought in by a group of people and being actually eaten there in the lounge. I didn't think that was permitted - maybe in rooms but not in the lounge with the dining area in the same room! One guest even asked the receptionist where to put his empty pizza box; she told him to leave it on the bar and she'd take care of it.

Overall I can't fault the staff at all, they were most helpful with our problems. We have stayed in Holiday Inns before and this one wasn't the best I'm afraid.

Date of stay: April 2022
David Otteson, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Ramsgate - Minster, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2022

Dear Sue
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear you were not happy. The room you were given was the type requested in your booking. Regarding the heating the power in the room is controlled and disconnected by yourselves. I understand our receptionist went through this with you. I do understand the issue of the eggs however Holiday inn express is a brand. And like all brands we are defined by specifications regarding what we can and cant serve.
My sincere thanks to you
David O GM