“A lovely weekend and wedding”

Chilston Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Lenham
uk
“A lovely weekend and wedding”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We stayed at this hotel for two nights - the night prior to the wedding we were attending at the hotel and the night of the wedding. Everything was perfect. Our room was beamed and spotlessly clean with crisp white sheets and large fluffy towels. The first morning the breakfast was waiter service and very good. The second morning It was a buffet breakfast in a separate dining room especially for the wedding guests and that breakfast was also very good. The wedding was perfect to the very last detail and nothing was too much trouble for the staff. At one point I lost my glasses case and it seemed that within minutes every member of staff was onto it and within no time it had been found! It rained on the day of the wedding but it didn't actually seem to matter as the ambience inside the hotel was so good. All in all a very enjoyable experience

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank lizmatthews45
ManagerCPH, General Manager at Chilston Park Hotel, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us and the kind words mentioning the team in particular. We are blessed with a very attentive and caring team at Chilston Park and I am really pleased that this came across throughout your stay with us. I am really pleased that the weekend and in particular the wedding celebrations were enjoyable and hope that the day will hold many positive memories for all who attended.
Once again thank you for the review and I hope that we are able to welcome you back to the hotel again in the future.
Gareth Davies

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
Rochester
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Stayed here in the Regancy room to celebrate my 40th birthday....I can not fault our stay,, the room was out of this world with a huge comfortable bed! We ate at the hotel which was also amazing and had some lovely personal touches. .. happy birthday in chocolate on my dessert plate! Both myself and partner cannot wait to book another stay here!!

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Guest
Congratulations once again on your special celebration! It is wonderful to read that the team looked after you so well and that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay at Chilston Park. I am pleased that our Regency room went down so well, it really does have some great views from the double aspect windows and the four poster bed I feel really suits this room. I hope that we do have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel again in the future.
Gravesend, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2014

My husband and I booked Chilston Park to celebrate our 2nd Wedding Anniversary and I'm happy to say we was not disappointed! The hotel grounds are beautiful and had lovely gardens to match. We had a room separate to the hotel, which seemed to be a converted out house. The room was very clean and had everything we needed, my husband was very happy that the room had a large TV. Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful, on arrival the receptionist asked if we were celebrating and we informed her it was our anniversary, later when we arrived to dinner there was a hand written card from the general manager wishing us a pleasant stay, a nice personal touch! Dinner was amazing we enjoyed every minute of our meal especially the champagne! Overall we had a fantastic time, the perfect romantic getaway and hope to be back soon.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest
I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your short break with us and on behalf of the team I extend our thanks for your lovely comments regarding the hotel. It was a pleasure to welcome you on such a special occasion and I do hope that you decide to visit us again in the future.
Chatham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Not the easiest to get to. Lovely grounds. Great individual rooms. Restaurant great. The bar is great. Fantastic open fire places. Great deals to be had. Better than Brands Hatch Place. Loved our stay.

• Stayed December 2013
ManagerCPH, General Manager at Chilston Park Hotel, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you so much for this marvellous review, I am really pleased that your stay with us was clearly so enjoyable and that all aspects of your experience met your expectations. I hope that we are able to welcome you back to the hotel again in the future.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

Apart from the cleaner entering the room without even knocking first whilst I was half naked the service in general was very good.

Great destination for a relaxed break and picturesque enough to take wedding pictures.

The wine selection was extraordinary and the dining was fine indeed.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
ManagerCPH, General Manager at Chilston Park Hotel, responded to this review, 5 April 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience here at Chilston Park. I am of course pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Apologies for the lack of care shown by our housekeeping team member on entering your room, I do hope that this did not detract from the overall enjoyment of your stay.
Once again thank you for your review and I hope that we are able to welcome you back to the hotel again in the near future.
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Chilston Park is exactly what you imagine when thinking of a British country house. Good value in terms of price, the food was good (not great but) and it's very close to numerous sights for the whole family.

On the down side, the wine was horrible for our whole stay (they couldn't serve a decent bottle but at least they tried), we, my wife and I, were very comfortable but my kids didn't enjoy the portable beds they provided. Mind you our room was HUGE and we had a lot of space. We did have to carry our luggage up 3 floors of steps but we were rewarded by walking halls right out of a movie... Yes I would recommend.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
ManagerCPH, General Manager at Chilston Park Hotel, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for this review, I am pleased that your stay with us last July was an enjoyable one. Please accept my apologies regarding the wine issues that you mention, this is not something that I have come across before and am indeed sorry that your stay was affected in this way. Since your stay we have replaced an number of our children’s portable beds as they were coming to the end of their workable lives and also employed additional front hall porters to ensure that guests luggage is transferred to rooms on our guests behalf. I trust that these improvements will ensure that should return to us again in the future your stay will be nothing short of perfect.
Huddersfield
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I stayed here for three nights on business. The location is lovely if rural and not close to amenities. My room was very comfortable and well-appointed and the general ambience of the hotel is very pleasant, but if you like modern it would not be for you. Food was good and service was helpful and also pleasant. Its huge drawback for visiting business people is that it has almost no internet connection. The public areas (just the lounge) had intermittent and very, very slow internet connection, the rooms have none and while the hotel did put deskpoints to connect in some rooms, the speed was lethargic and the reliability very poor. They told us they were installing wireless connectivity in all rooms but until they do, its absence is a serious deficiency for the business traveller as 3G is not active either. Otherwise, I would recommend it to anyone in the area.

Room Tip: If you are travelling on business, check that you can make an internet connection
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Westyorkshireman_10
ManagerCPH, General Manager at Chilston Park Hotel, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am sorry that your experience was effected by the issues that you mention involving internet access, please accept my apologies on behalf of the team. As I respond to this review we are undertaking the installation of a free WIFI service that will provide access from all areas of the hotel including our guest bedrooms. This enhanced facility will also be backed up by fibre optic data connection and will ensure consistent access speeds across the property. This week we have completed the major part of the cabling aspect of the project and within the next few weeks the system will be live and running. This enhancement is certainly one that will be well received by our guests and I believe shows our ongoing commitment to developing and improving our guests experience.
I am pleased that all other aspects of your stay met with your expectations and hope that you choose to stay with us again to witness the improvement I have detailed.
Gareth Davies
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenham
Eastwell Manor
Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Burlington Hotel
Burlington Hotel
#2 of 10 in Folkestone

Been to Chilston Park Hotel? Share your experiences!