“Lovely stay”

Chilston Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Lenham
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We have picked Chilston Park Hotel for one night of our trip to Kent. We stayed in Gilt room in the main part of the house. We found the surroundings and interior of the hotel really special. The staff were very attentive and offered great service even though it was very busy bank holiday weekend. Dinner was delicious and clearly showed the experience and care of the chefs. Breakfast was also equally delicious and of outstanding quality.
The only thing we missed in our feature room was comfortable seating which we believe was removed and put in a hallway having seen previous images of the hotel on the website. All we had was chairs at the table so we had to sit on the bed to watch TV. It would have been nice to have had an armchair or cushion in the window bay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
ManagerCPH, General Manager at Chilston Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear Guest
How delightful to read that your short break with us was such an enjoyable experience. I am really pleased to read that the standard of cuisine and dedication to there craft shown by our kitchen team stood out for special mention within your review. The pictures that you have posted of our Gilt room are really nice and thank you for sharing them with our future guests. We are in the process of having the soft furniture that you mentioned reupholstered, in fact the second craftsman approached to undertake the work was here with us today looking at the items for refurbishment. I do hope that we will be able to get these back into the room soon as they will really finish this beautiful space off.
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay and I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

I'd booked a Mews room. The rooms have beamed ceilings and are a little bit low in places but full of character and are comfortable. The main hotel is a lovely old breakfast.
I've stayed here several times in the past and always had a good dinner.
This time was starter was really nice and the venison on the main course was good but it's the first time I've been served "burnt black potatoes". I'm amazed this plate was allowed out the kitchen. This was acknowledged and i was not charged the £15 upgrade cost to go from the standard TDH menu to the A la Carte menu.
Service at breakfast was very slow.
Reception staff were very friendly.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Simon M

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am sorry that the issue described regarding the quality of potatoes served to you took away from your experience. Please accept my apologies for this. I see from your review that the team acted promptly and took corrective action to resolve the situation at the time and I whole heartily support them in the action that they took. I do hope that this glitch in an otherwise enjoyable stay will not stop you from returning to us in the future.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Had a very pleasant one night stay to celebrate my wife's birthday. The friendly and helpful staff make a big difference. Although our room Raj was lovely with a four poster, it had no outlook and was overlooked by other windows, but that did not spoil our enjoyment. Breakfast was excellent, Dinner was good although to my taste the chef got the seasoning a bit wrong.Again the restaurant staff were friendly and attentive.We were lucky with the weather and took advantage of the interesting grounds and lake.This is the third Hand Picked hotel we have stayed in and is the best so far.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 56RDG
ManagerCPH, General Manager at Chilston Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at Chilston Park. I am pleased to read that the vast majority of your stay was enjoyable with many positive aspects mentioned. I am sorry though that a couple of areas of the guest experience stopped us from managing to deliver a perfect stay for you. This feedback is really useful to us and thank you for sharing these comments.
I do hope that you will visit us again so that we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

A big thank you to all the staff at Chilston Park for a wonderfully relaxing and special way to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. We had a 2 night break mid week and it felt like we'd been away a week, it was that chilled. Fantastic food from the al a carte menu in the restaurant on both evenings, absolutely couldn't be faulted.
Loved the 'do not disturb' lamb. Had to buy one for our grandson.

Room Tip: A feature room in the manor house is a must.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
ManagerCPH, General Manager at Chilston Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear Guest
Congratulations on your anniversary!
I am delighted to read that your short break at Chilston proved to be such an enjoyable way to celebrate this special occasion. Thank you for your kind words relating to the team and in particular the cuisine that was offered within our restaurant. Comments of this nature are wonderful to receive and I will be sure to share them with the team. I do hope that we are able to welcome you back to the hotel again in the future, who knows maybe next year to celebrate 21 years of marriage!

Reviewed 11 May 2014

We recently attended a Wedding at this Hotel and everything went perfectly. The grounds and hotel are spectacular and even the weather was extremely kind. The staff could not have been more attentive, anything we required we got immediately. The majority of guests stayed overnight and our suite was amazing, absolutely huge, certainly no complaints there. In the morning we all had a buffet breakfast together that rounded off the event perfectly. I would certainly recommend this hotel and in fact have booked, with a number of friends, for an event and overnight stay in August.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest
Thank you for this lovely review, I am really pleased that you enjoyed the celebrations that were held here at the hotel. Your comments regarding the attentive nature of the team really are wonderful to receive and I thank you for them. I do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel again in the future.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Chilston Park Hotel was a wonderful setting for our first visit to Kent. The hotel is set in stunning grounds and the fabulous impression the hotel gives you on arrival is boosted when you are met by a porter (James) who helped with our bags and guided us around the hotel. Our room was stunning, very comfortable and spotlessly clean. We had a small issue with the TV reception, but staff arrived quickly to see if they could help. The issue was resolved while we were out the following day - the TV was replaced and reception was perfect. We ate in the the restaurant and the food was superb quality. All the staff treat you very courteously throughout the hotel. A fabulous place to stay in Kent!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
ManagerCPH, General Manager at Chilston Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for your very kind words, it is wonderful to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. I am especially glad that the cuisine offered within our restaurant stood out for mention along with the welcome given to you on arrival by James. I do hope that you choose to stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

We stayed at this hotel for two nights - the night prior to the wedding we were attending at the hotel and the night of the wedding. Everything was perfect. Our room was beamed and spotlessly clean with crisp white sheets and large fluffy towels. The first morning the breakfast was waiter service and very good. The second morning It was a buffet breakfast in a separate dining room especially for the wedding guests and that breakfast was also very good. The wedding was perfect to the very last detail and nothing was too much trouble for the staff. At one point I lost my glasses case and it seemed that within minutes every member of staff was onto it and within no time it had been found! It rained on the day of the wedding but it didn't actually seem to matter as the ambience inside the hotel was so good. All in all a very enjoyable experience

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank lizmatthews45
ManagerCPH, General Manager at Chilston Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us and the kind words mentioning the team in particular. We are blessed with a very attentive and caring team at Chilston Park and I am really pleased that this came across throughout your stay with us. I am really pleased that the weekend and in particular the wedding celebrations were enjoyable and hope that the day will hold many positive memories for all who attended.
Once again thank you for the review and I hope that we are able to welcome you back to the hotel again in the future.
Gareth Davies

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenham
Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Village Hotel Maidstone
Village Hotel Maidstone
#5 of 17 in Maidstone
Best Western Abbots Barton Hotel

Been to Chilston Park Hotel? Share your experiences!