“Short Break”

Chilston Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Lenham
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We took a short break to visit Leeds Castle and some National trust properties. Location of the hotel was excellent and within easy reach of both Maidstone and Ashford. Upon arrival we found staff to be helpful, friendly and professional and we immediately felt relaxed and at home. The evening meal was included in the cost of our stay and was fantastic. There was a delay in the preparation of the canopies (which was not a problem to us) and we were given more champagne and an upgrade on the dessert menu. We were impressed with such attention to detail. The dinning room/restaurant had a wonderful ambiance and every course was cooked to perfection. Breakfast was of a similar high standard and we couldn't fault the whole experience. It was obvious that only quality staff are employed at this hotel and the short break far surpassed our expectations. Thanks to all.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
ManagerCPH, General Manager at Chilston Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for your wonderful comments relating to your recent short break with us here at Chilston Park. I am really pleased that the team looked after you so well and provided a good level of service and attention to detail throughout your stay. I do hope that you choose to stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I was visiting a freinds wedding on 30th December 2013 and we were dealt with swiftly, we checked in before the bride and groom arrived, the food was fantastic but the room was poor because we could not see the head table, I must say that the cold milk from reception is very nice but the drinks from the bar were expensive, the organiser was not good at his job as some people received the wrong meals but I would stay here again, very nice atmosphere

Our room which I shared with my brother was made up as a double instead of 2 singles so we had to get that changed which was done straight away

Free wifi!

Room Tip: Rooms above reception area were quiet but some rooms have stiff locks, try to pick a room with a goo...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
ManagerCPH, General Manager at Chilston Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review of your experience here at Chilston Park late last year, I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay and the wedding celebrations. The areas that you have highlighted as ones that we can further improve on have been noted and I thank you for your constructive comments. We will certainly use these thoughts as we continue to look to deliver perfection to all of our guests.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Since retiring my husband and I have visited many hotels and I must say that the Chilston Park has been by far the best. I am a wheelchair user and were given the Chinoiserir Room which has been adapted for the infirm. I can highly recommend the facilities, and the room and bed was huge. We found all the staff were excellent and did everything they could to make our stay most enjoyable. The food and wine was of top quality, although a little pricey. If I have one suggestion to the management would be if a golf buggy was made available to those guests who had walking difficulties, it would have enhanced the stay as there were extensive gardens and lakes but these are not accessible if in a wheelchair . We will certainly return.

Room Tip: The Chinoiserie is an adapted room and large.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
ManagerCPH, General Manager at Chilston Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear Guest
I am delighted to read that your short break with us was such an enjoyable experience, thank you so much for your kind words. I know that Ellie our Reception Manager was particularly involved with you during your stay, though I don’t think she managed to get your Ipad off its foreign language settings! Thank you for the suggestion regarding the golf cart, I will certainly add this to the list that I keep in relation to guests suggestions and bear your comments in mind when we look to plan our large item expenditure for the coming year.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Our daughter held her wedding breakfast and reception here. The staff were excellent and nothing was too much trouble. The whole experience was beyond our expectations. The hotel rooms are wonderful, clean and comfortable. A perfect Hotel.The Food was amazing and the wines that were recommended were perfect.
Some of our family traveled from Europe and America they could not get over how wonderful the hotel was. The grounds were beautifully kept and the service of the staff was outstanding.

We would definitely recommend this hotel as a wedding venue and also a fantastic getaway for that special occasion.

Room Tip: Our daughter stayed in the Queen Anne room This is so beautiful and fantastic for photographs

Dear Guest
Thank you so much for reviewing your stay with us. It is delightful to read that you daughters big day was such a successful one. The team clearly excelled themselves on this occasion and I will sure to pass on your wonderful feedback to the team.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

This was our 5th visit for our anniversary. As usual the staff went out of their way to make this occasion extremely special. We couldn't fault anything at all.
Fabulous food, rooms, cleanliness, service and staff.
I can't praise this hotel enough.
We have already booked next year for our anniversary again and I can't wait to return.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank dawn10271
ManagerCPH, General Manager at Chilston Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Dear Guest
How fantastic it is to read that we have been able to provide you with another wonderful stay here at Chilston Park. On behalf of the team may I offer our congratulations on your anniversary and add how pleased we are we were you venue of choice on such a special occasion. I look forward to welcoming you back for a sixth time next year.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

My husband and I stayed at Chilston Park on our wedding night last saturday, we stayed in the Tudor Suite. What a beautiful room, beautiful views out of the windows, it was a quiet and peaceful nights sleep. The shower was wonderful unfortunately we didn't have time to try the rool top bath aswell.
Breakfast was delightful, excellent service and very tasty. We had a vegetarian cooked breakfast and it was the best I had eaten in a long time.
All staff were lovely and we had help taking our bags up to our room.
I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone and I can't wait to go back next time to sample the restaurant.

Room Tip: For a special occasion like a wedding night, I would definitely suggest the Tudor Suite
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
ManagerCPH, General Manager at Chilston Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Dear Guest
I am delighted to read that your stay was an enjoyable one and thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay. On behalf of the team may I wish you and your new husband all the best for your future together.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

We celebrated our 40th Anniversary with friends last Sat 10th August our overnight stay was nothing short of amazing. Carl kindly upgraded our room to a beautiful room over looking the lake which delighted my wife & me equally , he took great care to meet our expectations.. The food service & delightful staff ( special mention to Luciano) although all staff provided an excellent service the experience equaled that of our very first visit over 24 yrs ago.

Room Tip: The Hogarth is delightful

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. It is wonderful to read that your special occasion was such an enjoyable one and you were looked after so well. I am really pleased that Carl insured your stay was extra special by delivering a upgrade in room type to you, these little touches do make a difference on celebrations such as these.
I do hope that you choose to stay with us again in the near future.
Gareth

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenham
Eastwell Manor
Hythe Imperial
Hythe Imperial
#1 of 3 in Hythe
Little Silver Country Hotel

Been to Chilston Park Hotel? Share your experiences!